Cbr 1000rr track day meet ?

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Repsol Rob, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Fantastic mate... I'll leave it in your capable hands! But if you need any help, just shout.

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

As talked about earlier in a thread . Actually this 1 i think ?? How cool would an all fireblade trackday be ?? Some members even mentioned giving a few mags the heads up .. U never know !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Is the 20th year anniversary!!

4. tucker

tucker Active Member

Mate I'm well up for that and will tell everyone I meet and no about it just finalise all the details

See you on the flip side starring at the stars !

5. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Mate, that would be epic, some people dont realise what a honda nut i am, for my gcse in art i designed my own promotional poster for the urban tiger fireblade ffs!

Being able to organise the unoficcial Fireblade 20th Anniversary Trackday would be minter. lets do it!

6. CastrolCraig

infact, im gonna ring easytrack now!

7. tucker

tucker Active Member

Any joy Craig ?

See you on the flip side starring at the stars !

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

reminder don't book it if you can between the 26th march and 13th April. otherwise I can't come :(

9. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

You've got to love that enthusiasm!!

10. CastrolCraig

Im off work twiddling my one good thumb, so nothing better to do!

Ive got a wee bit of an update, but im running it past matt/rob/dan before i post here.

Needless to say, ive spoken to easytrack now and things are making progress.

11. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Weyhey!!! Crack on mate...

One good thumb? You said about hospital other day, what ya done?

12. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

I am a moderator on two other Fireblade forum that might be interested?

13. CastrolCraig

Fantastic, have you/can you mention it over there.

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

mentions about this on Pistonheads. would be great to have a Huge meet

15. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea!

16. CastrolCraig

Chaps.

Ive spoken to Jo at easytrack, she is keen to get this going, there are several possibilities.

We have some spaces reserved for us on a normal TD

OR

We could have an entire 'fireblade day' with any left over spaces sold on to the general public.

They intend to release dates this week, and Jo has emailed MSV for dates at the relevant circuits we are interested in, Jo also mentioned that Easytrack would be interested in offering permanent forum discount, and are in discussion with myself & Rob about this.

As for dates/circuits at the minute

silverstone are cutting down dates for td and have pushed prices up so easytrack are not dealing with them.

They have plenty of midweek dates at cadwell, but at my request will look at the possibility of monday/friday dates, as all weekends from 1st april are booked for race weekends at most msv circuits.

They are still talking to Donington events about 2012 dates

Mallory could be another, depends on overnight parking and facilities inside circuit, as by all accounts they have banned overnight gatherings & functions, even in the car park.

So, do we think a 'Fireblade 20th Anniversary' friday date at cadwell or mallory mid april early may with bbq following is a good idea?

Obviously, there is a long way to go on this, its quite easy for us to block reserve some spaces but a lot more work to organise one just for us from scratch, something im happy to do as the fireblade name deserves it.

something we do need to do, and i will be doing, is starting a new thread on numbers. we would need at least 45 from here depending on other forums.

Megawatt, could you possibly start a thread on the other 2 forums about this, drum up some numbers. if we could get 90 in total we are laughing!

17. megawatt

Will do mate, yer doin a great job! I enjoyed Cadwell , but it's not easy to get to for me. Personally I would prefer Mallory, haven't done it, or Donnington, both central for most people. Cost is a big factor for me which is why I kept pushing RAF Odiham, £20 annual membership, £60 all day??? Odiham is near Farnham, off the M3???

18. CastrolCraig

A big part for me is the social aspect, few beers & a laugh afterwards or night before, mallory & donington are not allowing this in 2012, so that wouldnt happen, but as ive said to matt, this isnt about me its about everybody, and if no ones bothered about the social side of things then it isnt an issue.

once Easytrack confirm any possible extra dates we can look at what everyone wants. having been to raf odiham td's before it just doesnt blow your mind.

anyway, as i say ill leave it to the masses, but theres always gonna be the issue of people not wanting to travel too far...personally id be happy with mallory, donny, cadwell but i also like the before & after bits.

19. megawatt

OK mate, you're leading on this and I'll help all I can. Have posted on the other two Blade Forum just now. I am as interested in a piss up /barby/curry before or after as the trackday!

20. CastrolCraig

Cheers mate, and please no one think im favouring some circuits over others, i just want the best possible day for us and the firebade name!

PS, MW, which forums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.