CBR 954RR

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by PauloHRC, Nov 10, 2018.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Think that may have been a 03/04 colour?? I traded the yellow/blue for a black 05 when it came out.

If I had the space I'd have another 954 tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Possibly my favourite colour is the blue and black. There's one for sale on usual sites but it's a cat D.

I missed out on two red and black ones this week. I'm desperate for one but not sure it's going to happen so think my second bike dream will be something else! :rolleyes:

3. dainesefreak

The blue and black's my favourite scheme. There were some grey one's knocking about, but I don't think they weren't a UK colour.

Prices will start to creep up now that Spring's coming around. Probably best playing the long game and keeping an eye out for the right bike if you can make yourself wait!

4. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

That's the problem....... I can't, I'm bike shopping tomorrow!!!!! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Missed mine, all day comfy, perfect power for the road, engine just a little noisy but a great bike

loved the blue in the sun

6FF70F3A-BF0F-41DA-9A52-948B683D6262.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Think the 954 was the only blade I never had. I was going through my VTRSP1 period then. Gorgeous blades though.

7. dainesefreak

@PauloHRC and the weekend shopping trip resulted in????

• Like Like x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Hmmm the weekend shopping trip...... I turned up at the doors of the new Superbike factory warehouse, which is an impressive sight, even more impressive was the amount of bikes in there, I actually felt quite overwhelmed..... I had a headache at the end of it!! Anyway I went with the intention of looking at 3 bikes, a Yam R1, an RR7 and an Aprilia Dorsoduro. I managed to find 3 out of 2 and was told the R1 might not be ready for viewing yet.

I sat on a Ducati that I liked the look of but was told off for doing so by some snotty acne riddled faced youth who told me if I want to sit/look at a bike I need to join the queue!!!! o_O

Having never been asked to join a queue to look at a bike before I was quite taken a back....... Stuttering like a baffled baffoon, I asked where the queue was?? I was ushered in the direction of the reception desk where I informed I'd like to look at bike and was told to join the queue by inputting my details on an ipad including phone number and which bike I was interested in (even though the main one wasn't there) and someone would call me in about 15 minutes so to hang around for a bit:rolleyes:

So...... I walked around some more while the Mrs fed baby PauloHRC in the 'chill out zone' after about 25 minutes I decided to leave the building...... Back to Manchester we headed still bewildered by the queuing system that superbike factory have put in place. As I sat in the drive through KFC frustrated with things the phone rings..... 1 hr and 20 minutes after I joined the queue!!! :eek:

Hi Paul.... Someone is ready to see you now if you want to report to the reception?

Erm..... I'm at KFC mate.......in Manchester, so I don't think I can make it back. I did of course vent a little, but only to say the queuing system is a complete joke that doesn't work in this kind of environment.... I mean, what if the guy in front of you in the queue is looking at the same bike as you...
    . And buys the fucker!!!! o_O. Sorry its not for me I explained.

That's not to say I won't go back, they have such a good selection of bikes and I did buy my last bike, the rr9 HRC which was a one owner low mileage peach, so they do have some good ones!!

This is no way me 'calling out' Superbike factory, as I said I've happily bought from there before with no complaints.

But to go from overwhelmed to underwhelmed in the space of 2 hours is not a good bike buying experience. Sorry guys but sort it out will you..... Want even busy!! ;)

• Like Like x 5
  9. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

A23921BF-F661-4420-9615-749D85DD4F3D.jpeg Sounds like you need a nice Speed Triple :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dainesefreak

An hour and 20 isn't acceptable. In a world where the average punter closes a webpage in under 20 seconds if it doesn't load, it makes me wonder if some these places want to do business.

@Shutty now A Speed Triple, I'm partial to that.

Counting down the hours until Friday.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

My mate is selling this at the min.

Screenshot_20200317-222411_Chrome.jpg

Price shown is because its advertised through a shop so they have put it up for what they think they can get for it. I'm not sure what hes wanting for it but can get more details.

I have rode it and its loads of fun. Proper raw experiance and sounds a treat.

• Like Like x 3
  12. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

I've two RSV 1000's before, gen 1 like your mates and a gen 2. Absolutely love them but reliability is an issue and I've experienced it first hand so that always makes me think twice, bang on budget though! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. dainesefreak

You've got to love a Mille and I mean you've got to love it or you'd want to punch it in the face when it's eaten another battery.

Saying that as a second or third bike I'd have another. Probably a gen 2 though.