CBR1000RR '09 no engine ignition after QuickShifter settings :(

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Seb.cbrracing, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

Hi good day please,

I would like to ask someones help or opinion regarding the kill-switch engine ignition, if they experienced an issue turning it on.

My beautiful bike stopped working earlier, after weeks I had installed from a workshop overseas an HealTech QuickShifter, for upshifting. Everything worked fine and as requested.

But now earlier I wanted to try to return to the factory settings, to see how is the feeling, and to try some new tunes, but then suddenly the bike doesn't start anymore. upload_2020-10-30_20-8-42.gif :(

This shouldn't happen, the settings just returned to default... but now not even Neutral is not on display.

The engine pump is not kicking-in beneath me as well, as it always should.

Once I press the on Switch, there is an squeaking noise beneath me... its like the motorcycle is struggling to start.

First picture attached is after the 1st start attempt, then when I start the engine 2nd time, the gauge is going off...but the squeaking noise is still on while Im pressing the start button.

And thats exactly all the symptoms. I hope the battery is not burned by this process. All I did is to return to the factory setting of the QuickShifter app...

Any advice will be so so helpful please, also I emailed HealTech, but who knows when they answer...

Thank you.

Sebastien

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      258.8 KB
      Views:
    • 211.jpg
      211.jpg
      File size:
      260.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

I'd check your battery connections first of all and see if you have a fully charged battery

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Active Member

I agree with @Fatboy, also check the kill switch wires, check the voltage between from quick shifter, check battery voltage and also the regulator. Also check the voltage on the starter solenoid. Don't take this the wrong way but have you checked all fuses ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

Nope I haven't, I wish I knew where to find those elements mentioned, its so good hint, and thanks so much for this, but I really don't have basic mechanical knowledge, I just love riding the bike with care. Will upload now an video of it, hope the forum will allow the file size.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

Hi all again,

Now the bike doesn't even start at all, I think the battery is dead. At least I managed to disable the quickshifter software, but still didn't help.

This is inside the seat cowl, hope that dynojet injection kit has nothing to do with this.

Would it be clever to unplug them just like that? to try to start the engine...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

You can unplug the Dyno, but I think you might have to charge up you battery before you can start it

7. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

O yes, thats for sure, will have to do. Also will call out an mechanic with charging devices after all, hope will work.
    Still don't know why the battery of an bike is so sensitive, and goes off so easily... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

Think you'll find that if you buy your own charger it will work out a lot less than a mechanic, especially if your battery goes flat again, what style battery do you have Seb

9. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

That sound an good idea again, will have to do now, for future proofing - this will happen more likely...
    Attached below is the battery model, and test which were made before handling the bike over.
    Could you recommend me an good charger so that I can order maybe?

Thanks!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fatboy

Fatboy Active Member

Hi Seb , I like this one
    MOTOPOWER MP00205A-UK 12V 800mA Fully Automatic Battery Charger/Maintainer
    But dont know where you can get it from in Romania, Ebay perhaps
    Looks like that test was only done 3 weeks ago , have you been out on the bike during that time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seb.cbrracing

Seb.cbrracing New Member

Wow that battery looks so PRO ! love it. Its fine I will find it from one of the workshops in the city, thing was to know which to buy, like your suggestion.
    I went with the bike just a few miles, just to check and see it, and that quickshifter feeling...but then boom, once I pressed the Facotry Reset button on the app. Big mistake.
    Anyways Thanks for this again.

• Like Like x 1