CBR1000RR 2010 bi-xenon projectors

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by tgosai, Dec 3, 2012.

1. tgosai

tgosai Member

£700 is a bit steep, seeing that the hardest bit was fitting the housing back on and wiring it all up.

You should look to pay around £300 for the completes light.

Or was £700 for it be fitted too?

2. Si.

Si. God Like

Yeah, send my lights, then he strips and fits the halos.

3. vlb

vlb New Member

tgosai

mate how hard is the actual wiring of this after the projectors are in? i know you posted a link to the wiring diagram but looking at that makes my head hurt, i have absolutly no clue whatsoever what any of that means.

4. hump333

hump333 Member

Your stock wire lights are 2 prong per light, earth an live, bi xenon are 4 prong ie 2 earths an 2 lives. For low & hi beam :D

I can do the LED an Projector in same light.

#44 hump333, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. vlb

vlb New Member

Do you do this as s service mate?

#45 vlb, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. hump333

hump333 Member

These are my lights [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. vlb

vlb New Member

minted

• Like Like x 1
  8. jimmy

jimmy Member

would love to fit these but wouldn`t know where to start, looked into it last year and seemed a nightmare...
    anyone know where in the south they could be fitted rather than cock it up myself ??

9. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

Hello tgosai, looking at the pics of you're headlight conversion it looks as tho you used 2 of these:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310561308506?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 Am I correct? If so, did you manage to get them to fit without having to hack/cut the original head light fitting about? I'm looking at doing this conversion myself and I think if I can get these projectors to fit it should be possible to fit H4 hi/lo bulbs so that I can run with 2dip or 2heads on. Also what's the supplied bulb? Is it the type( H4 hi/lo) where the 'filament' is re-positioned or does the actual reflector move?
    I'm thinking of ordering up one of these:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400330426092?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 so I've still got my original to re-fit for MOT time and whilst I'm in there
    fitting these:-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250943604870?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
    'Top Marks' for doing this conversion and posting about it. Thanks, Nick.

#49 el-nicko, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. hump333

hump333 Member

Look a bit shit with the ome chrome stock bulb reflector in when you got projector lamps.

11. el-nicko

Easily fixed with a matt-black rattle can while you've got the unit apart I would have thought.:)

12. hump333

hump333 Member

Yes bit of plastics primer an matt paint ;-) still looks ugly tho whole idea of projector is to get rid of that. Each to there own :D

13. tgosai

tgosai Member

Hi Nick, yeah this is exactly what I used, minus the LED strip lights. as far MOT is concerned, I think it should be fine as long as the beam level is adjusted correctly. you don't need to cut any part of the new headlight unit and I used the H7 bulb kit, H7 are the standard fit.
    the projectors have an actuator that adjusts the beam from low to high, so you only need one bulb in either side and the actuator flips a reflector when you want high beam.
    the wiring seemed to be the hardest part, so plan it and take your time fitting it.

good luck with doing yours, take a while but the end result is worth it.

Tim

• Like Like x 2
  14. tgosai

tgosai Member

calling my work "shit" is a bit hard, but I do agree, I should have sprayed the housing matt black when I had the chance, hindsights a bitch.

would love to see your handy work, im sure we would all love to pass judgement on your abilities :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. hump333

hump333 Member

Mines on the photos above mate didn't mean shit as in shit :thumbup:lol just the chrome don't look right with the projector :) and from doing my mates 2009 blade I'm guessing your projector is up against the light glass? With not to movement for the adjustment not very good. I've fitted Leds & projectors [​IMG][​IMG] u can buy proper brackets from USA or make them, I've made all mine out of allium then painted matt black (heat proof paint) . :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. el-nicko

Well I think tgosai's conversion is brill. It must be stunnin' at night with double dip and double head. Post sum pic's tgosai pleez? Also, with the bulb on full time there's no 'warm up' as there is when switching to full beam as there is on my BMW. hump333, can you explain what you mean "u can buy proper brackets from USA"? Brackets for what exactly?
    Cheers, Nick.

17. el-nicko

I think (unless I'd bought and converted a seperate unit) I'd be inclined to leave the reflector un-painted in case it failed the MOT and I had to go back to OE spec'.

18. hump333

hump333 Member

Fail mot? Fuck me alot of car n bikes would be going bk to the dealers if that the case! As long as its fully adjustable mot not a problem. More light projected on the road is safer.

19. el-nicko

Alright, wind yer neck in m8. It's a grey (no pun intended) area. A bike could be failed because the tester just mis-interpreted the guidlines regarding non-OE. Also, re:- your comment about cars. There are lots of cars on the road with after market HID conversions and they are illegal. The test requires cars (but not bikes) fitted with HIDs to have headlight washers and self-leveling suspension. Almost certainly absent if the (car) owner has done it himself.
    With regard to tsogai's conversion; I could'nt quite work out how the head/dip was acomplished but, if you scroll down this ebay 'ad' http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150772316897?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649 you can see it's done by useing a solenoid.
    Can't wait to do this as soon as I've some cash together.

20. hump333

hump333 Member

You need these... item number 400397241247
    New style g5 lighting everything you need comes in the box. And my bike past its mot at bill Smith in chester last week!
    The solenoid flicks open an reflects the light for hi beam! So its hi & lows I've fitted 4 projector in bikes for my friends and no ones had a problem with mot. As long as the colour temp is 5000k to 6000k I've fitted the in my Dads honda goldwing an they come standard with both lights on on low beam. :D

• Like Like x 2