CBR1000RR 2010 bi-xenon projectors

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by tgosai, Dec 3, 2012.

1. johncbr

johncbr Active Member

iv just fittin wot you ordered wot a pain in ass on off on off on off lol ended up fittin all the wire and bits at the back of bike did fit all on head light fitted it and decided theres to much weight on the head light and didnt like the wires showin !! and be carefall with nut on back of reflector its not the best nut and thread it dont like bein screwed :rolleyes: unscrewed

2. watkins58

watkins58 Active Member

just checked and basically I messed up the order (that'll teach me for drinking loads of stella ) have re-ordered and they will be 4-7 working days.

3. watkins58

watkins58 Active Member

That don't sound too encouraging johncbr, for the price I thought they would have been good quality. Will have a look when they arrive and if no good will wend em back, but on the bright side (sorry couldn't resist that one) are they much brighter than standard?

4. hump333

hump333 Member

My bi exon projector lights are first clas ;)never had an issue. And for light power it's 100 times more powerful than standard!. 2 lights on & 2 hi n low beam together is better than 1 bulb.

I have sold 25 sets of these lights ie 2004 to 2012 Retro fitted by me.
    As for wires hanging from light unit, That's poor workmanship.

#84 hump333, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  5. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

Hump,

What kinda money you taking for a set of blade lights

Bi-xenon, angel eyes and wings all switchable?

6. hump333

hump333 Member

Fletch I've only got one set left to fit cbr1000rr 2004/ 2007 these are box up an read to send. New light unit, new 2 bi exon with angel eyes 5000k (white) 2 ballast 1 fuse. With added led strip yo give it more of Customized look.

What do you mean all switchable, ? You can add push button or 12v toggle switches that is waterproof.

£215 & £13 parcel force 48 delivery

#86 hump333, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  7. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I'm on a 2008 and MIGHT be looking to change to a 2013 headlight...

I would like to be able to switch all the LED's separately... Perhaps a black rocker on the back of the headlights for each pair...

I'm looking at having a play myself first (I have a knackered headlight here to test on)

I want to hide as much as possible inside the headlight!

Where do you get your bits from?

8. hump333

hump333 Member

My dad live in China so he sends me my things. U won't hide nothing in light as projector takes a lot room up

Down the side fairing an clip the wire under light. There a lot of wire.

13 light u gonna neen 2013 Nose cone. Need to check if it fits you top fairing .

9. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Hump you ought to offer a ride in ride out service for local Blade owners.

I know there is a reasonable demand for this judging by previous threads.

What dya think?

Ball park figure for a fully fitted setup?

10. hump333

hump333 Member

I have done this sinewave for few bikers off eBay. I only make to order now an got one set left because his bike got stolen so no need for light. Nam biker off here sent me his stuff few weeks ago.

11. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I dropped my bike so i am considering upgrading to the 2013 shape fairings ...

So what would be the Price of a 2009 Bi Xenon light with Angel Eyes, Wings and Devil Eyes?

Any photos of how you do the wiring and how much i'd have to hide

12. johncbr

johncbr Active Member

smart ass

Ok humpty where would you put the wire and boxs for angle eyes demon eye the ballests and wire unit so that you cant see them on honda 08 - 12 a pic well be great mmmmmmm theres aways one lol

13. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I've got a 09 blade,

If you have removed the vacuum chamber in behind the lights there is room for one, and possibly two slim HID ballasts

I've got a single HID fitted without the projector.

As far as I understand the LED's and CCFLs won't have this kind of control they will be wired directly to the +12v so nothing to hide!

Hump has already said he hides it down the side fairing, which (with the easily avaliable HT extension leads) would be a fairly easy solution...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

15. hump333

hump333 Member

I think your on to something Fletch ;-) If it can work on 12v this would be a winner ;-) it says 5v to 24v so I reckon it would depends on amp

16. hump333

hump333 Member

Id fit the cclf behind the clock resting on lights ( silicone it down) the ballest on either side of the fairings use zip tie it in place. Wire relay to fuse box. So wen ignition off relay n ballest are off.

Depending it u have wired your relay to fuse box. Or straight to battery

17. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

I Keep it the same as it is now, Right Light for dipped left light for main.

What i'd like to see if i can do is wire the LEDs and the right hand HID up to the right hand harness, i'd put a switch in the +IVE line of the right hand HID, probably mounted on the screw off cover.

This way i can switch the Main beam off and just run with the LEDs during the day.

But i can also still flash the left hand light with the 'pass' toggle on the bars.
    I'd try and get the Ballasts in between where the vacuum chamber was.

18. johncbr

johncbr Active Member

Yes yes I did put the 2 ballast s in the front like I said before to me it was way to heavy for headlight so its all at the back ps must be very small ballast sorry just got pissed when you said about my work im fussy and every one that sees my bike say its best they have seen and how tidy all wirein nuts bolts are have no marks and iv stripped the bike down to frame and rewired every thing

• Like Like x 1
  19. hump333

hump333 Member

Jon wasn't having dig at you. The projector lamps are heavy an with ballests tucked under is not a good idea. Mine on my 05 are all tucked in the left hand side fairing under fuse box nices an snug.

I've fixed them under seats before with but side fairing best bet for 2007 /2012 blades

20. johncbr

johncbr Active Member

thats ok coool ! i have seen on here that someone but the ballast under the light unit on cover no way theres room there for 2 i said it pain in ass only cuz its one of them jobs you do it then think mmmmmmm dont like it there better there i did try puttin them by batt where the exhaust controller was but when put seat on it was hittin !!! as im always workin on bike i take fairing and light off a lot so at the back was best for me and that was a pain as i have the same thin under try and just fits