cbr1000rr 2013 engine management light

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Skippy79, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

Got the engine management or error code come on after about 10-15miles of riding. the performance doesn't change and when I return to the pitlane and turn the bike on and off it's gone again.
    Any one any ideas or know how to read the codes. IT doesn't blink it just comes on and stays on.

I though I might be due to me doing super fast laptimes, but I think I might be dreaming about this :D :D

thanks

edited - ok having a read around, it could be code 23, O2 sensor heat element, so will check that as my lambda sonde is replaced with the power commander O2 eliminator, maybe thats come out or so, at least theres no power loss and the bike is performing brilliantly for the rest

#1 Skippy79, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

3. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

cheers sinewave, I'll have a look at that a bit later this arvo!

#3 Skippy79, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  4. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

pick the bike up on thursday so will have a read out whether there is an error code or not. Find it strange that the light comes on after about 8 - 10 minutes, but goes away when I shut the bike off. so not really sure there is an error. Heard from wedgie that the 12/13 blades have problems with the power commanders, maybe someones knows more

just thinking about it, it might be the servo engine... hhhhmmm can't wait till the bike gets back from transport now.

anyone know if the engine light from the servo affects the bike?

#4 Skippy79, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  5. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Resurrecting this thread as have seen an issue like this today myself at Silverstone.

Riding around as you should, as some point the check engine light appears. The last session I was out I pulled in, turned the bike off, turned it back on again and it was fine.

Wondering if it has anything to do with the Translogic QS I've recently fitted as I've not seen this before. Bike also has a PCV.

Will ride it a bit more gingerly in the next session and see if it appears again.

Other than that, the bike is running amazingly - so fast with the QS! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Tried the side stand trick as mentioned in the linked post and think I got 2 long 1 short, so 21... any ideas anyone?

7. ccr32

ccr32 Active Member

Not to worry guys, just found this...

So guessing it's the PCV O2 eliminator, probably buzzing loose or something. Will check it and continue to ride it without worrying too much :)