CBR1000RR 2014 ABS Red/Blue braided brake lines

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by InsanitY, Jun 24, 2018.

1. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Anyone got any idea where I can get a kit of this for the ABS version as I seem to only find non-abs one's. Thank you.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Check the ABS threads on this forum. If you intend doing the replacement yourself there are specific and detailed bleeding requirements. Mine is non-abs so was simple. ABS is a totally different story. I'm sure @Lozzy wouldn't mind a PM. She has the lowdown on ABS!

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I never had mine changed but I guess you have to do the lengthy bleed procedure the abs requires. There's a pdf copy of it somewhere on here if it's a tackle it yourself job.

6. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

It is but I’m trying to source some parts first cause I want to change all in one go, the calipers to a brembo m4 pair.. the master cylinder with an rcs 19 or the new corsa corta tho I’m not sure if its worth the money difference for the new one...anyone got any ideea?

7. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I put braided lines, brembo discs, upgraded the calipers and put on an RCS on my ABS but in honesty you wont feel the benefit.

From a looks perspective it all looks top dollar!

I've since disabled the ABS and the sum of the upgraded parts has really improved the braking.

8. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

So what you’re saying is that I should focus my money somewhere else insteed? Cause I was having high expectations from the setup, but If thats the case I should probably start with my other plans and get everything from woolich to flash my ecu includin the race tools and at least thats gonna improve the performance and would be a bit more noticeable.

9. Slick

Slick Elite Member

I guess I am, the ABS ECU controls everything, the pressure at the calipers and the feedback to the levers. If you disable the ABS you will notice the braking is instantly much sharper, obviously it will now ultimately lock up.

The best money I spent on the blade was suspension , ktech internals and springs for my weight, now that is is an upgrade, can now put more power down, better braking and handling.

Have a PCV too with custom map and autotune, few extra horses and nice delivery

10. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Never quite understood why people get a pcv instead something like a woolich package...where they give you a map..software...harness and everything and you can access much more then what you can with PCV and also change anytime according with what you want to do woth the bike. Obviously this is all on papar as I personally haven’t tried it yet at the moment I’m looking for where best can I spend my money on so that I could go and be like “wow night and day difference” thats what I was hopping from the brakes but I’ll take your advice. I was close to buying an R1 but decided that the money spent would be better invested in making this bike better/faster...etc I’m blabbing too much...

11. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Don't think the Woolich stuff hasn't been around that long. Mines got a PCV on it too as probably when the previous owner fitted it the Woolich stuff didn't exist. I assume most would now prob go for something like the Woolich kit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Most peeps would have bought the PVC as flashing wasn't readily available as it is now. The PCV has been on the blade for 7 years!.

Night and day for me was suspension, smiles mostly from a loud exhaust and power delivery due to remap. Once the ABS was deactivated the brakes upgrades shone through.

Haven't tried it myself but carbon wheels transform handling too

13. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

How did you manage to deactivate the ABS? Is it as simple as taking out the fuse...cause I’m beginning to feel like there’s some issues there as sometimes when breaking in slow traffic like going from lights to lights..it feels like I’m polling thin air..

Was gonna take the bike to jordan motorcycles for a reflash ..do you guys recon would it be much of a difference between that and getting the woolich and simply downloading a map?

Also Slick, did you get just springs and etc or did you actually get the whole shock absorber and what not? How much did you end up paying?

14. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

I 2nd the carbon wheels, the bike just keeps turning, and it flicks so easy, brakes are sharp as hell now, with the rim being lighter, i'll always buy carbon wheels b4 all other mods now i'v tried them, plus the ohlins front /back :rolleyes:

15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think my Marchesinis would give the same feel as carbon. Certainly more flickable than the OEMs. Not sure which would be lighter though, the forged alloy or carbon?

16. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

I should hope so at the 2000£+ pricetag... don't really know If they really worth that kinda cash to be fair..

17. Slick

Slick Elite Member

The things you are describing are common traits of ABS, IMO it does not work during feathering, frequent partial application. That and some other more serious issues made me decide to deactivate it. Haven't looked back since!

Deactivation is just pulling the ABS fuse, an error light will show on the dash though unless you short the correct sender wire.

My suspension was a ktech revalve, 9.5NM springs with a custom set up - before and after was night and day, did it a while back and it cost about £600

18. NBB

NBB Active Member

Had mine done at Jordan’s and it’s night and day difference. Power delivery and throttle response are so much better.

19. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

u have to try them to know how good they are, add up all the bling people buy for there bike that dose nothing prob half way there, not only the steering's vastly improved but the brakes are about 200% better,

dymag carbon are 50% lighter than there aluminium wheel, when wiggling in a straight line u don't feel that resistance, u actually feel the engine weight more, its strange, plus when going into a corner it feels like u can turn tighter, and keep turning no drifting out, keeping u on the right side of the line:eek:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. InsanitY

InsanitY New Member

Ended up booking at Jordans for a custom reflash and a suspension setup on 11th of August. Gonna discuss other spring options and etc while there.

Now I need to look at other things to change untill then maybe performance air filter would be a good ideea before getting the remap.

• Agree Agree x 1