CBR1000RR Fireblade (also 929 and 954cc) HM PLUS SEAMLESS SHIFT QUICKSHIFTER

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by brg1000, Jul 6, 2020.

1. brg1000

brg1000 Active Member

This SS quickshifter is in pretty much perfect condition and comes complete with everything you need to fit your FireBlade from the 2000 929cc right up to the very latest Blades. Its ignition based and you can adjust the kill times and sensitivity to suit your riding style. Its an evolution of the very popular and reliable HM Plus Generation 2 but offers a learn capability with the SS shift turned on.

Highly rated by most if you have never ridden a bike with a quickshifter you are missing out on so much fun. Being ignition based the shifts are very clean and using a quickshifter actually causes less wear and tear on your bike than either clutched or clutchless shifts do as the power is only dropped for a few milliseconds.

Quickshifters work in the following way. As you start to apply pressure on the gear lever the sensor detects this. Once the selector forks start to offer resistance the shifter cuts the ignition for roughly 1 - 2 cycles of the engine. Once the gearbox is unloaded the selector forks engage the next gear and full power is restored. the revs drop only to the point at which the next gear is engaged and so you dont have the shock to the system that sometimes occurs with normal clutchless or clutched shifts. Properly setup the quickshifter is a gearbox saver rather than a gearbox breaker. Setup is easy. I normally advise a kill of 65m/s and a sensitivity of 60. The kill time is the duration between the shifter sensing enough pressure to shift and the time when the ignition is interrupted. If you hear the engine revs dipping but no shift takes place the the kill tile is probably too short. Conversely if you shift but its a bit clunky then the kill time is too long. The sensitivity is generally determined by how hard you aply pressure to the lever. The harder you hit the lever the lower you need the sensitivity.

Pictures will be uploaded but the kit is complete with full instructions and the necessary link rod. These shifters retail at over £400 and I am asking £240 OVNO including UK post and the necessary link rod for your blade.

Barry.
    07921 9849 076

2. Wayne Steele

Wayne Steele Active Member

Hi Barry

Is this still for sale?

Thanks

3. brg1000

brg1000 Active Member

Yes mate I have one. The one originally posted was sold but I have another. Get me on 07921849076. Barry