CBR1000RR OHLINS TTX RACE SHOCK ABSORBER H0888 2008 - 2016

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by brg1000, Jul 29, 2020.

1. brg1000

brg1000 Active Member

This shock comes fully serviced with a written guarantee for 6 months. Mark Arnott (EX TAS Suzuki Ohlins man) does all my servicing and anything I sell is fully checked and serviced as necessary. Anything that needs doing is done. Its the full TTX HO888 and not the TTX Lite as fitted to some of the SP models. It is the T36PR1C1LS shock that retails at £1245.

The shock comes with three springs. 95, 105 and a 120. The spring fitted, 105, is pretty much the default spring fitted from the factory. It suits most riders well. If you are a lightweight you may want to go with the 95 spring or if you are like me around 17 stone with kit or you are really quick you might want to try the 120 spring.

Why do you need a race shock absorber. I will tell you. The standard manufacturers shock is pretty good for normal road use. It does what it says n the tin. However once you start to push the bike particularly on tracks it starts to drop off in performance. The harder you push the worse it will get and it will get bad. This is caused by the oil moving through the internal valving. As it moves through it get hotter. As it get hotter it looses some viscosity, basically the oil get thinner. The thinner it gets the quicker it will move through the valves and so gets even hotter. Under normal riding conditions the spring is matched to the shock performance in that they compliment each other. The shock dampens the movement and allows the spring to absorb some of the energy transmitted through the tyres giving you a stable platform. As the oil thins the spring can move easier as the damping is significantly reduced. The back end will get bouncy as the standard shock looses its ability to dampen. The rear end will squat more under acceleration as the standard shock looses its ability to resist the back end bottoming out. Bottoming out particularly on a corner is dangerous. Once the rear bottoms the shock absorber stops being a shock absorber and the rear tyre suddenly has huge forces acting against what its trying to do. Its trying to keep traction. The rear end will spin up once you accelerate and that is the start of a highside. The rear wheels spin and the back slides. Even the worlds best struggle to save a highside. Your instinct takes over and you get off the power. The rear wheel suddenly grips and the bike flips throwing you upwards and the bike god knows where.

Fitting a high quality rear shock absorber is probably the single most effective performance addition you will make to your bike. Power without handling is worse than useless. the Ohlins shock absorbers are amongst the best around. They have a remote reservoir to improve the cooling and the internal oil and nitrogen gas pressure is maintained at a constant level. Push hard and push harder the shock will continue to perform perfectly.

This shock is in perfect mechanical condition and is available at £699 or very near offer. Yes you can pick up the cheaper SP shock unserviced at around £600. This is a significantly better shock and its fully serviced with a written guarantee.

Barry 07921 849 076

Attached Files:

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Very nice. If mine was a track bike I'd snap that up. GLWS.

3. brg1000

brg1000 Active Member

Sold already. Thanks lads

• Like Like x 1