Central Scotland (Edinburgh)

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by danthorrr4, Jun 4, 2015.

1. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Hello,

Weather this weekend is looking like a mixed bag with Sunday looking ok. Would anyone be interested in meeting on Sunday and doing the A7, St Mary’s Loch, Moffat run? Would be good to get a few numbers.

Even if we can’t get something this weekend we could arrange something for another time. Hopefully this thread can provide us with a way of seeing who is around this area. I have looked on the members map although it looks like everyone’s markers have overlapped each other in Edinburgh.

Anyway, it would be good to see about numbers and see what’s what from there.

Cheers,

Danny

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Would be interest to do that some weekend... it's a nice run and everyone else can get a cuppa and a cake while they wait for me to catch up..... but can't make this Sunday as a group of us are heading up to Glen Clova

I'll keep watching posts for another opportunity.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Hi Danny, unfortunately I cant make this weekend, however I'm from the West Coast and would be interested in some ride outs around Scotland, whether that be east or west coast, Green Welly run having some good roads! Be good to get a few others on here involved too.

Let's keep the thread going and grow the movement if possible :)

Cheers

Chris

#3 Chris17, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Just seen this. Would be good to meet up some time.
    I will be following up behind Zanshin, so don't drink all the tea.
    Would need to be after my holiday though as money tight, and have AC/DC and Knockhill before I go mid July.
    Keep me in mind though.
    I am just in Hamilton, and my mate may come on his RSV4.
    He will likely be up there with the faster riders.
    It's ok though as he is used to waiting for me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

Same here guys I'm in Dunfermline just give me a heads up if anything gets confirmed ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Well that's Knockhill booked for the BSB :)

7. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Some good feedback on this thread, hopefully we can arrange something. Would it be better if we set a date at the weekend sort of two weeks in advance type thing to give everyone an opportunity to make it? Not sure what everyone is like for work etc.

Chris, I am just back from a trip up north (Aberdeen – Dornoch – John O Groats – Dornoch – Inverness – Loch Ness – Fort Augusts – Fort William – Glencoe – Green Welly – Loch Ern – Creif – Home) Always have to stop at the Green Welly.

Ratser, what sort of time are you looking to do Knockhill? I’m looking to book another track day soon so might end up on the same day.

Anyway let me know what people think to organizing something as a first meet in 1/2/3 weeks time?

Cheers,

Danny

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Danny, about 52 seconds.;)

I was meaning for the BSB.
    Although I would love to do one, and actually feel like I quite need a track day of some sort.
    However, twas only for going to the BSB I was meaning before.
    I am away on holiday from the 14th-28th July.
    So for me it would need to be after that.

9. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Gents,

As Danny says, some good feedback here. I'd be looking at a Sat or Sun in July/Aug sometime. Maybe 18/19 July or 1/2 Aug if that suits anyone. As I said earlier, either East or West would be fine for me, or we could meet in the middle somewhere and go from there.

Any takers?

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  10. HRCTrev09

Sounds good to me Chris ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Chris,

Sounds good. Why don’t we put something down for the 18th July (Saturday)? At least this will give us a date to aim for and make plans to be available? If a couple of us can make this then we can arrange another few rides come August or even earlier if people are free?

How about a suggestion for the 18th we start on a road out the back of Knockhill area that leads past Gleneagles to Crieff then along the side of Loch Earn leading to the Green Welly stop for lunch? Could even then continue up to Glencoe if people would like? Obviously this meet would be based in the east for a meet at say Knockhill to start the day? How does that sound for people? If anyone has any other route suggestions please say as I am just trying to make a suggestion to get the ball rolling so to speak. Any suggestions for a more central meet would be good as well. I have fairly limited knowledge on long ride outs however that route is an area that I have done and I know so just basing it on that.

Cheers,

Danny

12. HRCTrev09

The Glendevon road one of my favourites I'll go for that! I live in Dunfermline just 10 mins from Knockhill so I'll arrange to meet up with you all somewhere before maybe Kelty or in Dunfermline somewhere:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

The other thing I should probably say is that if you know anyone else that is not on the forum that you think would like to come by all means invite them. I think I might be able to bring a couple more people that I have met before when out for a ride / at green welly. Will confirm this tonight once I get home from work and I can contact other people.

Cheers,

Danny

14. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Hi Danny,

Yep, that sounds good to me, seems HRCTrev09 can make it too, so that makes at least 3 of us. Your route sounds just fine, takes in some cracking roads! I'm from the West Coast (South Ayrshire) so it'll take me a bit to get there to meet you and I'll probably need unfolded when I get there as I haven't done a long run in a while; but hey, it's good to get out with like minded fellows :D.

I've got a mate I'll ask too, though I think his bike is Sorn'd just now. This though, might give him a reason to get it back on the road.

Maybe we could meet up around 1000-1030hrs? Does that suit everyone?

Cheers

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zanshin

Zanshin Active Member

Unfortunately I'll be down at a friends in Gainsborough that weekend but would like to hear how you guys get on and hope to make the next one.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

You go to Gainsborough voluntarily :eek: I only go there because it's the nearest petrol station and supermarkets.

17. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

I think I will be able to bring a couple of people along. On the morning of the 18th July there is a track morning on at Knockhill 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Chris, meeting between 10:00 am – 10:30 am sounds good as it means that anyone arriving early can just go watch some racing, there is also an café that you will be able to unfold yourself in over a cup of tea J

HRCTrev09, do you think you can make it down to Knockhill to meet us and start the ride from that point?

I had a couple more suggestions from some people I have met while out on the bike regarding routes. The route to the Green Welly / Glencoe will be done as mentioned above but I think there could be a big loop we could do to get some variation in. One of the suggestions came from a guy I met at the Green Welly a couple of weeks ago while on my way back from John O Groats, he’s from the east side of Edinburgh and he showed me the road along Loch Ern to Knockhill.

Regardless of the route I’m sure that we will pull something together prior to the day. Just need to get people to confirm availability.

Danny

18. HRCTrev09

Yeah no worries Danny I'll be there mate;)

19. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Gents,

Excellent! Looks like that's set up then. Let's catch up through that week to make sure we are all still available.

Cafe 'Unfold' sounds good too Danny ;)

Cheers

Chris

20. graham58

graham58 Member

I am riding up from Liverpool stopping on the outskirts of Edinburgh Fri night then kinross sat & sun night for bsb at knockhill will be staying over the Monday Tuesday. & Wednesday night if any of you guys are about