Central Scotland (Edinburgh)

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by danthorrr4, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Black

Black Active Member

Probably there between 2 and 3. Didn't see the Audi but no surprise there. I never see them till the flashing blues are in my mirrors lol.
    There was also a couple of crashes yesterday around the area so no surprise there targeting the area.

2. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

They did say they had caught a fair few at over a ton during yesterday.
    Think my mate was number 5 of the day.
    Just as well I am not as quick as him.

3. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Hello troops,

The season seems to be picking up with the weather so how about we put something in the diary for the first half of June? How about Saturday 4th June? Could meet at knockhill, head past Glenegals, Loch Earnhead, Green Well for the first stop, Glencoe then just wherever. I am sure there is a loop we can do to get back. This would probably be best if we commit to an early start to get a full day in as we will be covering some miles here. Probably best to meet about 9-10am depending on what everyone can manage.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this? Anybody keen?

Cheers

Danny

4. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Hi Danny,

I won't be able to make that day mate as I'm going up to the Green Welly for the Suzuki test ride event, I've booked a couple of test rides.

I'll be up there from around 1000 and won't be leaving until late afternoon. If you fancy riding over and/or booking a test ride here's the link ..... https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/about/promotions/2016-cafe-tour/

Let me know if you fancy it ;)

Chris

5. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Alright Chris,

That might actually be a plan. I will see what kind of feedback I get on this and take it from there.

Do you think it might be better for us to start a Central Scotland 2016 Season thread?

Cheers

6. Chris17

Chris17 Member

Excellent Danny, be a good place to meet yourself and a few others on here!

Yeah, I think it would be better to start a new thread as it looks like there are a lot of new faces and less of the old ones since this thread started.

If you can make the 4th, it might be a good idea to kick one off with the Green Welly test day, maybe we could meet up somewhere in Glasgow and ride up .... What do you think?

Chris

7. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Hello everyone thought I would put something on this and see what interest we get. I have organised a day on the bikes 29/04/18.

The plan so far:
    • Meet outside the North Berwick Fry area (start of the high street) circa 9:15 am
    • Depart North Berwick circa 9:30am and head down and meet more people at Berwick (Esso petrol station) for 10:00am.
    • Once everyone has filled up and met each other we will depart circa 10:15 am ish on the route that the guys from Berwick have planned for us to head over towards St Mary’s Loch and over to Moffat.
    • Once at Moffat we will stop for something to eat, can either be a chippy or there is a good pub with beer garden so we can get a sit down.
    • After lunch we will head out the back on the Beef tub back towards Edinburgh (where we will do a bit of dual carriage way work) eventually meeting the coast road from Port Seaton back along to North Berwick where we started the day.
    So far we have six people saying they will come along so hoping to get more involved. This is obviously weather dependant as I personally have no interest in wet weather riding (unless on track) but others may will want to go so if it’s wet I will let everyone know for contacts

Cheers,

Dan