Certificate Of Conformity

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Nic Miles, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Nic Miles

Nic Miles New Member

Apparently I need this to import my '06 Italian Registered Blade into the UK. Does anyone know if these are individual certificates unique to each bike or generic? Although I bought it new in Italy and it is registered there my VIN report states the Country of manufacture is Japan so I am a bit confused where should I get the COC from? I've found a few sites selling them for €200+ but read others who have obtained these FOC. Any advice would be much appreciated. CBR Not For Sale.jpg

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

3. Nic Miles

Nic Miles New Member

I think those COC prices you mention are for those wanting to export British bikes into Europe but some very useful info re the SVA, the IVA scheme doesn't seem to cover bikes. But thanks for the info, much appreciated!

4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Funny how I see year after year the same vehicles locally driving and parking around my local area with foreign number plates on and nothing seems to concern them, plus they are immune from road tax, parking fines et al.

Think trying to do it the right way my friend will just cause you s*it loads of hassle.

5. Nic Miles

Nic Miles New Member

You make a good point mate. On several occasions in the past I rode over to the UK, got flashed at least once and went over the Dartford crossing without paying the fee (it was just after they changed the toll system) so I arrived rather bemused. But I never received any fines/points. I can understand why a lot of people don’t bother trying to do it properly but the real problems will arise if involved in an accident, especially if a third party get's injured. Most UK insurers won’t insure a foreign registered vehicle, maybe the Police choose to ignore foreign vehicles due to the obvious language barriers and I don’t know if ANP system cross checks foreign vehicles, probably does. But getting caught with no insurance is going to make life hell, not just for future motor insurance but every type of insurance. If someone’s injured then jail time is a real possibility and the fines will be colossal. Of course a lot of people will just take the risk and think this won’t happen to them but not in my opinion it’s just not worth it.

6. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

And that is the difference between those of us that abide by the law and those that take the p*ss out of it and the rest of the law abiding citizens.

Totally agree with your comments, about the real issues of being insured and legal.

That said a bit p*ssed off you sloped off without paying and I have subsidised your Dartford Crossing Congestion Charge Fee or The lining the pockets of the French operator tax which is the real reality of the illegal charges they impose :D :D

In truth you avoided nothing as bikes are free ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nic Miles

Nic Miles New Member

Mate if and when I get back and have re-registered the bike I'll buy you a beer for subsidising my crossing, but honest 'guv I had no idea they changed the system, I had a one pound coin all ready and waiting ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yeah fuck all that. Where’s nige

• Funny Funny x 2