cheshire-motorcycles

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by bladeaddict, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

I bought my 61 reg Repsol off him a few weeks back, **61 OCB , but it came to me with standard can and grips.
    Jase.

2. rogerdodge

rogerdodge New Member

Mine was W*61NVN

3. cag

cag New Member

....a few months ago I looked at a bike being sold by Cheshire_Motorcycles (Ebay) and it was a strange experience! The bike was at his home but he says he is a dealer? Maybe he is technically a "dealer" for tax purposes but I saw no evidence of dealer facilities that's for sure. The bike was nice but I decided to walk away...just felt something was not quite right. He was very unhappy that I had been to his house and no bought the bike there and then... his argument seems to be that if it is as described and you come to see it then you have to buy it.
    I guess he needs to get premises or stop inviting people to his house... weird.... glad I passed it as I bet he is tricky to tie down if any problems arise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

interesting reading on the Companies House website;

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09128273

Looks like the company was dissolved in Aug 2016, could be why he's got bikes at his house. Don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'd be asking why the company was dissolved and he's still trading as Cheshire Motorcycles. I'd also be wondering about how much of a warranty I'd got.

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Guys, it's best not to read to much into that, unless there's really adverse information. For a small trader, the cost of running a 'Limited company' is quite excessive for those with a small turnover. (I'm in that bracket myself) There's annual accounting fees and tax preparation fees; generally there's a tenner for monthly bank fees (after any 'honeymoon' free-banking period) together with director's obligations etc. In this instance, there could have been a marriage break-up, thereby compromising one of the directors.

There is no bar from trading as 'Cheshire Motorcycles' so long as he doesn't trade as Cheshire Mororcycles Limited. Strange anomaly, but that's the way it works. There is no legislated formal requirement in UK to operate under a 'registered' trade name.

However, dianesefreak is correct in being concerned about warranty. Probably one of the best authorities on this subject would be the AA. This will highlight the warranty situation: https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights He must offer a warranty.
    Even though Cheshire Motorcycles is trading from home, there could be no argument that it is a business, simply by virtue of the amount of stock advertised and sold.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cheshiremotorcycles

Cheshiremotorcycles New Member

Hi guys this is Carl from Cheshire Motorcycles.. There seems to be some confusion to me and my business so hopefully this will clear it up. I've been trading now for 11 years, my pictures up until late last year were taken at my property (because it was a lovely setting) but I've always had premises. 1st I was at Frodsham at the watersports place back in 2007 and now currently have a unit in Chester. The reason for the solvency was because I had an account tell me I should go limited instead of sole trader so I agreed, after this he wanted to charge me an extortionate amount of money to do my books so I told him to go back to being a sole trader hence the solvency.

I'm fully FSA registered so can offer finance and all my bikes come with a 3 month warranty.

There is not, and has never ever been anything untoward about me or my business. I also have a face book page Cheshire Sports Bikes were people can leave reviews.

I hope this clears things up. People seem to love to gossip about things and it seems people are gossiping and have never met me. Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows it's a straight forward purchase or sale.

7. Cheshiremotorcycles

Please see my reply. You have hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have put it better myself.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cheshiremotorcycles

Why didn't you get back in touch with me? Everything is sortable, it only takes a call.

9. Cheshiremotorcycles

I have always had premises, I told you that day I had my 1 year son with me but if you were genuine and wanted to buy the bike you could come to my house. I also told you if you wanted to just look at it you would have to wait for another day.. You told me you wanted to buy the bike. That's why I was a little pissed when you didn't buy it. There is nothing dodgy about me or my business, I've been trading for 11 years now and sold probably in the region of 2000 bikes.. Please also reference my over 750 transactions on Ebay 100% positive feedback..

#29 Cheshiremotorcycles, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  10. Cheshiremotorcycles

Hi there, I do not feel the need to have a website and another expense. Everything gets advertised on Ebay and this works well for me.

Regards Carl

11. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Carl

I’m still waiting for my 60 quid from the blade you bought off me In 2015.

Black and white one

Daz

Clitheroe

We spoke numerous Times and you assured you were sending it but I’ve still not received it

Cheers

Daz

12. Daznorthwest

I was short changed on payment when yoi Collected

Can you remember

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Fair's fair though. Many of us will commit to a purchase in principle, but on viewing circumstances will dictate whether we proceed or not.
    As a person who has sold in the region of 2000 bikes, you should respect that and not feel pissed at someone for what is essentially part and parcel of the sale process. ;)

14. Cheshiremotorcycles

Im sorry I do not. I always tell people to count the money in front of me when I'm there as its impossible to send you money once I've left buddy. Anyone could call me and say it's short.

15. Cheshiremotorcycles

You have the right to do whatever you like buddy. I also have the right to be pissed when I've taken time out of the only day I get with my son.. And why post something suggesting I'm not legitimate??

16. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Started well, gone down hill.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Daznorthwest

It was short when i counted it in front of you . You assured me you would forward it

Poor etiquette

• Like Like x 2
  18. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I had a dealer deliver a bike to me. Looked great in the pictures and was their standard of mint. When it got to me and taken off the van it was a shed. I said thanks but no thanks.

19. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Huh? There is absolutely no hint of a suggestion in my posts that you're not legitimate!!
    To suggest otherwise is contemptuous and inciting conflict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cheshiremotorcycles

If I was not genuine and going to be hard to tie down why would I have you come to my family home. Please reference my 100% positive feedback from everyone that has actually purchased a bike from me.. Teca-moto-Cheshire-motorcycles..