cheshire-motorcycles

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by bladeaddict, Oct 26, 2014.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yeah, okay, I am on a few.

I have a few bikes so I have activity on a few. But there's also some redundant ones. For instance, I couldn't quite come to grips with a C90 and a 2018 SP2:D:D.

SP2 C90.jpg

3. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

Sure I've seen your username before. I could be wrong and probably am.

4. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

[QUOTE="Daveburns, post: 501341, member: 7360"1]lol!!

Sure I've seen your username before. I could be wrong and probably am.[/QUOTE]

5. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

[/QUOTE]

Edit: I edited to add the laughing emojis for the video. They didn't show up and I edited again and I think I broke something.

6. Maak

Maak New Member

I've dealt with this guy before - nice adverts on eBay iirc, but I wasn't comfortable with his setup so didn't buy. I don't want to go into much detail, but his behaviour was fairly terrible after this. Just avoid is is my advice.

7. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

His behaviour is unreal. He will go mad when he doesn't get his own way.

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Erm, I know someone like that!:D:D

9. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

He has now changed his eBay username and removed his bikes. Apparently Teca-Moto was a limited company and was ended today.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. mgoode180566

mgoode180566 Active Member

I sold a Repsol 2011 to him a few years ago, he was ok and offered me a price for it then chipped me when he picked it up so i fought back.

The bike had an issue anyway, buyer beware ;), it had the wrong year side panels on it as i had dropped it at Rockingham the week before!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Unclenumpty

Unclenumpty New Member

Hi all,just joined.very interested in this post as I have also bought a bike a bike off him and all is not good.any info would be good as this is in a court battle at the moment.

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Welcome to the forum.

A lot of new members since the last post in September. I hope someone can help.

What did you buy?

If you give a brief run down of what's happened, it might help you get more relevant responses.;)

13. Unclenumpty

Unclenumpty New Member

Thank you,I bought a gixer k8 1000 in my defence I used to be a Fireblade owner for years and on this forum I think.quick summary,bought the bike as well cared for low mileage bike and in all honesty to look at it is clean.when I got it home all sorts of nasties have appeared now off the road.i bought it in March rode it home then took it out one more time a couple of weeks later.been sat in the garage since.long drawn out court thing now.

14. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

I believe from earlier posts in this very thread that the proprietor is a member of this forum and has previously commented here. If there is action being taken here it may be wise to keep it off forum or deal directly. I guess you’ve both tried that approach already.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Well they only made an account on here to try and clear his name, after that failed he has not been seen since 29th May..

16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Could still be snooping though by not logging on and no one would know;).

17. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Sounds like a man of experience!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Daveburns

Daveburns New Member

If I had seen your messages earlier I would have replied.

When I first came on here I was angry and a bit upset so I started gunning for him. He is a piece of work.

Anyways now that it's all over and done with I can come clean about the situation and all that happened. And by the way if you're reading this Carl, there is a special place in hell for you, you scum turd.

I was in the same position, got the bike and then found so many issues it wasn't funny. The bike is an MV F4 and was sold as immaculate. It really wasn't. I assumed(major error) that as he was a company I could send it back. No chance.

Carl was very unhelpful and rude. Basically it was all my fault. Would not give a refund, would not take the bike back.

I contacted citizens advise who walked me through the whole process, they contacted trading standards in Warrington and I also started doing research on him. I contacted the garage where he purchased the bike as well but they didn't want to know. The address for the previous owner also didn't exist so be very weary of Ducati Glasgow.

Paid to get an MOT done on the bike and sent him court letters to both his home and 'buisness' address. No response. He changed his number and eBay account but kept blocking me. I was also speaking to trading standards the whole time.

MOT came back with various issues such as a loose sub frame, rear brake not working correctly and a failure on the badly pitted front forks. Because it was not technically a safety issue I couldn't get him there.

After a while I decided that he's a slippery POS, my partner works at a solicitors and after some advice they informed me I could be in for a long drawn out court situation. So idecided to carry out the work and rebuild the bike. So I'm nearly 2grand in on top of what I paid and I still have work to do.

Some of the problems I had with the bike:

- Exup cables rusted and broke
    - Exup valve rusted solid
    - Subframe loose
    - Subframe had been sprayed/covered in some areas
    - Ride height adjuster totally rusted to crap
    - Rear shock completely knackered
    - Exhaust damaged all over
    - Front forks badly pitted
    - Left and right front indicators cracked and smashed
    - Every but and bolt rusted
    - Rear brake didn't work
    - RHS clip-on bent

That's just some of the issues. I've since rebuilt the entire back end and I'm moving forward.

Carl is a shady character out to make money from people with little care for their safety.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  19. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

I’m intrigued by this, firstly, apologies you got a lemon/sold down the river etc.

can I ask how you didn’t realise some of the problems when you viewed the bike prior to collection, or at delivery stage? Some things you wouldn’t know about until tearing it apart a bit but the cracked indicators, pitted forks, rusty bolts should have been some indication as to how the bike has been treated previously. Genuinely interested into what tricks may have been used to cover these issues at point of sale, to educate myself in how to spot in the future? @Daveburns - not trying to hate so apologies if it comes off that way but am interested to know at what point you discovered the faults.
    Hope you get it all good soon and get some compo, win from court etc

• Like Like x 3
  20. bradt

bradt Elite Member

How is it possible that this guy can still trade ?