Chiswick Honda

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Gary Britton, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Gary Britton

Gary Britton Active Member

2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Looks a bit scruffy in some of the pictures, hard to tell because the pictures aren't very clear. Not to say it wouldn't clean up though.

3. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Nowt wrong with that, 4k miles is not much either, looks like a good deal!! :)

4. Empty_Ten

Empty_Ten Active Member

I bought my blade from Chiswick. No complaints my end. It’s a very corporate setup, everyone in business wear, coffee machine, drinks fridge etc. S’alright though. No complaints my end, I was happy with my blade. I think prices may be a bit lower due to the high turnover, it’s a big showroom and I expect they sell quickly.

The ad says it’s in Wimbledon Park though?

5. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Yep I bought my present one from them 6 months ago. Everything Empty Ten said above. Gave me good PX over the phone as I was 104 miles away, and wasn't into wasting my time making several journeys round the North Circular. Best bit was the upstairs showroom. Guy there said they had a "policy" that if you could ride it down the stairs it was yours for nothing. Not sure they'd have said that if I was buying an off road bike though. Got a brand new back tyre for 50% as it was down to less than 1000 miles ( so still rideable) and they replaced the Leo Vince exhaust with an oe so I could take the LV back in my backpack as well as have the oe in case I ever needed it. Overall I'd visit again if needed to.

6. Saqib

Saqib Active Member

A great dealership with lots of choice. I bought mine from their sister dealer in Letchworth.

However.. I went there to look at an R6, and it was scruffy.. damage on some fairings, a big dent in the akra can.

They have some very good stock though. I would advise you go look at it first.

7. Paul Longstaff

Paul Longstaff Senior Member

It could definitely do with a good clean up but the price is very attractive.
    You would need to check the right hand side very carefully for a minor drop. The right hand foot peg hero blob is missing yet the left one is there.
    For me because its cheap, a bit scruffy and missing blob I would pass but use it as a bargaining chip with other dealers so take plenty screen shots etc
    Just my thoughts. I think the dealer wants it moved on and question as ever is why?
    If not far I would go have a look but my be warey hat would be on

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Its a 2018 with 4k miles on the clock, If it had been on the deck there would be alot more damage than a hero blob missing so I wouldn't worry about that.

And don't most dealers want to move bikes on? Its not exactly good business to have them sat in the showroom is it?

My view is .....get the newest, lowest mileage and cheapest bike you can find. You either want a bargain or you want to pay over the odds. The choice is yours!;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

There's something very odd about that bike. The left and right hand fairings don't match (look at Fireblade logo), lower cowl is a 2017 but fairing upper is 2018, left cowl stripe doesn't match the lower cowl..

_20210208_215110.JPG _20210208_215137.JPG

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  10. Paul Longstaff

Yup miss matched fairings from 2017 model and 2018. Missing hero blob, poorly presented and the dealer selling really cheap.
    This bike could be hiding a multitude of sins underneath the plastic.
    I wouldn't put my money into it but its your choice

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Excellent @NS400R and @Paul Longstaff. Knew there was something odd about it. Didn't feel right. Bullet dodged I'd say.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I brought mine from the Letchworth dealer and I have got to say
    Would not drop on the price
    Promised to clean it before I picked it up but not that clean
    Service done but overfilled with oil
    And could not work out what parts went with what bike ( but because of that I did get a nice passenger seat)
    Oh and I have found the clutch casing has got bad scratches( been down) under the engine covers

13. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Well picked up - I think you have your answer @Gary Britton

14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Bloody good spot sir!! I would not have seen that until you pointed it out!

Just goes to show, you really need to go and look at a bike in the flesh and your gut feeling will guide you the rest of the way!

15. bladey

bladey Senior Member

There's always a reason for a low price, it's never generosity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Seems like they don’t care what they sell

17. Gary Britton

Gary Britton Active Member

Cheers for all the replies.

I'm going to wait until showrooms open as I wouldn't buy a bike without seeing it. I'm just keeping an eye on prices and most are around £12.5k to £13k.

They have 2 more for sale around £10,750 but they also seem under priced.

Cheers again

18. Paul Longstaff

I bought my sp from letchworth but it was a brand new bike so a bit different. That said I didn't have any issues and got offered a great price on it but the great price was obvious and clear why.
    Mine is a 2018MY standing unsold and unregistered so they gave a hefty discount to shift it , so I registered it on a 69 plate and that was fine by me.
    The above bike though is cheap and it wasn't obvious why, well now we know why.
    If something is clearly cheap there is usually a reason for it and its not always a bad thing just need to know and understand why it's cheap.
    Anyway, agreed a bullet dodged here.

19. NS400R

NS400R Elite Member

I think what surprises me is that they would sell the bike in that condition. They are a Honda dealer. At dealer prices they could replace the side panel and lower cowl, and still sell at a decent margin. Once the buyer realises what he has bought, he'll be mighty pissed off. Why chance your reputation?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Paul Longstaff

This may not be quite so sinister as if you check out another bike they have at £10750 it too has mismatched fairings? Only this one is missing it's left hero blob not the right one.
    The fairings could be swapped over to make one true 2018 model and one a 2017 but on a 68 plate.
    A mix up in the servicing bays?? 2 bike both being done at same time and fairings mixed up ?
    Who knows but could have happened. Why each bike would have only 1 hero blob removed remains a bit weired. If you don't like them you remove both like the bike at £12k+ but not just 1.
    It could be worth a chat to see if they can tell you anything. That said they both have 2018 headlight cowls so why 2017 upper fairings ate being shown on 2 different bikes remains strange.

• Agree Agree x 1