Chris Walker Kawasaki Open day

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by TheMickster, Apr 21, 2018.

1. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Anyone been to the Chris Walker Kawasaki open day today?

Saw a few blades there. Managed to get a test ride on the Z900RS :), and the ZX-10RR :D.

2. john k

john k New Member

Hi mickster no I aint where is it held at.Its sum thing I would like to do .How was the zx10 rr ialmost got one before the blade but was not sure at the time so I stuck with the Honda kind foolproof they r

3. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

His dealership is in Grantham, but think most of the Kawasaki dealers have been doing them. Was a reasonable test route, was lead out by Richard Cooper the BSB rider but was in a bit of convoy with the others on test rides so not loads of time to really get used to it. Didn’t feel as comfy as my blade was quicker but not much low down grunt had to get it spinning and then hold on :). it’s got all the electronic gizmos, traction control, quickshifter, auto blipper etc. This RR version gets Marchesini wheels and engine mods to help with tuning for racing. It only comes in a matte black prototype colour which wasn’t my cup of tea. Great bike but wouldn’t make me want to rush and swap my blade and I think it was about 14 - 15k.

The Z900RS is nice though if you like the retro style bikes, really snatchy throttle at slow speed though.

4. john k

john k New Member

I think I will stick with the blade too lol i made the right decision.I think its best have grunt right through from bottom end to top mid u can always do sum thing about .Good money then they r asking too .shame u could not get out ur self for that test ride .U need the comfort especially when ur on em for half day or longer Na good be fidget arse. At least for that money u get all the gizmos with it