Clutch Cable .... HRC item anyone fitted to later bike?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Dave dunlop, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Has anyone had any experience with fitting the HRC clutch cable to a later model 2014? Just dropped Dobles a quick Mail about fitment, apparently lists a different part number for 2014 onwards so there not sure if it will fit, I can only think it might be slightly different in length as the bars on the 2014 model are raked further forward! Can't see this having a impact on the length personally, so asking if anyone has ordered and fitted one to a later bike with no issues? Cheers

2. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

3. Fire3500

Fire3500 New Member

What makes an HRC part better for something like this? Genuinely curious question.

4. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

The only difference I found was that they are shorter than standard

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Ok did some digging and called Padgetts! They recon the HRC cable is slightly longer to allow for longer bars and different front end setup, Si if your saying shorter do you know by how much? Plus another important factor is apart from potentially being longer or shorter what else is different from the HRC cable and the OE cable, the HRC cable is almost double the amount of money!!!!

6. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

I can't recall but something like 2-3 cm's. I had to revert back to standard with my race clipons.

7. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

So less cable and almost double the amount of money just because it comes in a HRC bag! :cool: Think I will order the standard OE cable:D

8. Fire3500

Fire3500 New Member

If you're actually racing, and running full HRC kit is this a cable-routing / weight thing?

9. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Yeh will stick with OE cable, I know the OE part number for 14 plate is different for 08/12 for some reason! Can only think it's slightly longer as the bars are more raked out. I can't see the HRC cable being shorter! Unless they have different routing, according to Padgetts it's longer and that's what they fit on there bikes! Just begrudge paying almost double for one that comes in a bag with HRC on it! And nobody seems to know the difference between the two so will opt for the original part and less money, least I know it's going to be the same length :D