Clutch not working

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by TrackdayCharlie, Oct 10, 2019.

1. TrackdayCharlie

TrackdayCharlie New Member

Hi

Hoping for some help. Just after starting the bike following an engine rebuild.

Clutch doesn't work, it felt a bit rubbish when I first put the side cover on so I took it apart and checked it all over. The only thing I was struggling with was the attached image. In particular the one with the chamfered images in boxes. I can't say I'm particularly certain which way they are trying to tell me to put the two spring seats, little and large.

Should they be angled in the opposite direction to the clutch springs perhaps? If that makes sense.

I'm struggling to understand why I have no clutch at all. Obviously I've played around with all the clutch cable external to the engine, but when I try and pull the lever it just feels like I have a load of heavy resistance, and with the bike running and trying to put it in gear it just jumps in violently and the clutch will not stop the drive to the rear wheel.

I really need to get the bike to Anglesey tomorrow and give it a shake down before packing it off for Valencia next weekend, so any help is greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. TrackdayCharlie

TrackdayCharlie New Member

Never mind, all sorted now. Had left the bolts in holding the clutch pack together.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1