Colour change Suzuki

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Singh1000RR, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Hi, need to inform DVLA about colour change on my bike. For whatever reason DVLA think my bike is RED - but it isn't. Suspect the last owner put track day fairings on it for obvious reasons and they are black.

So I've got two options - buy RED fairings (££££) or change the colour via DVLA.

Looks simple enough on the DVLA website - you simple enter the colour change on V5 form and send back to them (DVLA) and you should get a new V5 with correct colour on it. Simple right?

I was wondering if anyone had experience of this and whether it is that straight forward. Anyone done this?

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

No. But you do raise the point: how important might this be?

My position is that my 2011 is recorded as Blue on the V5, and like yours has been changed. I have adopted the 'What they won't know won't hurt them' attitude. Problem with that is might there be a fine if suddenly baled up for a roadside check?

In my experience with number plate changes, the DVLA notification system seems both foolproof and expedient.;)

3. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I’d be more worried that your favourite people (insurance companies) might pick up on the difference and use it as a weasel route if you needed to claim

4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Well nigel
    I would say your not insured

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Noted. Valid point. I'll send mine off tomorrow!!:)

However, since my Insurance Rant Thread, my insurance companies (broker) and I are nearly bed partners. I don't think BeMoto would start playing dirty pool, but of course we will never know until the claim is in. Anyway, cheers Ron. I'll operate under the old: 'it's better to be safe than sorry.'

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

How about ringing the old bill and insurance up and saying my bike has just got nicked;)

7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Get real.:rolleyes:

The local 'Ds' would come around to interview me, see my lounge room, and then start doing friggin' stolen vehicle checks on them all. Would mean a trip down the local while they wait for DVLA to reply to authentication requests for all my private plates!!:D

8. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Me too. Done mine today and will send off tomorrow - I'll let know (in about 1 to 4 weeks) how easy it was.....