Cracked fairing

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Ken, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Hello and welcome Ken

2. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Hi

These are Chinese ones i bought for the track, look fine, had a few very very tiny blemishes if you scruitined it really close up, but they look pretty good.

Can be trickier to fit as not as flexible as OEM and I must have weakend one of the tabs on mine, (but not completely broken it) when fitting as it came off on track. managed to hold it with my knee while i stopped and handed it to the marshall before it flew off completely. :D.

Yours might be different/easier to fit being the ealier model. think's these might be from the same bloke Paulo used, they were pretty much the cheapest ones out there.

bike.jpg

3. Ken

Ken Active Member

Thanks for that, time to order I think

4. Lock

Lock Active Member

I'd go with the repair myself first, what have you got to lose? I just repaired a top fairing at the weekend that one of the windshield sides had snapped off of. A soldering iron and two paperclips fixed it! You could go down the route of Plast Aid which would work really well from the inside. As has been mentioned all you'll be left with is a hairline crack after - you could just put a sticker over that!

• Agree Agree x 1