crash card

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bazzashadow, Nov 29, 2018.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Sounds like a good idea, but I have never heard of the scheme. A quick google check suggests it only to be a Somerset thing which is a shame - making it national with an add campaign (similar to ‘Think Bike’) would raise awareness to emergency services, riders and the general public alike,

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. T.C

T.C Elite Member

The scheme was started (and I remember it well) with the hope and intention that it would go national, but it never happened due to lack of/poor publicity and many areas started their own schemes (which have also failed).

I think many authorities rejected the principle (this is the cynic in me coming out) because it was not thought of by one of the big or accredited safety bodies.

The idea was good, the application let it down, but, it is the reason why I believe it is now only available in Somerset.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Oh didn't know that it hadn't taken off!
    I've had the green dot & card in my old commuter lid for ages....shame I thought it a good idea.
    By the way @raphael in relation to your lid/mileage query...this is about 6 yrs old I think with at least 70k on it....and still seems fine as an emergency spare. All I've done is wash it inside occasionally

20181130_114537-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Cheers lozzy pretty much what mine will be at for the same time frame.
    Will just put new crown and cheek pads in in the spring (cheaper than a new lid)and keep it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

@Lozzy I still have mine in my helmet after 10 years and transferred the sticker and card to new helmets as well