Damn Weather.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Feb 16, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Checked my weather apps yesterday for today: 7 overnight and top of 12 today (W.Mids). No signs of rain. Yay!!

Wake up this morning, go to gym and all the roads are wet:(. Sure put a dampener on my plans for today. Hopefully a breeze will make it okay for later in the morn.

I hope you guys up north have a better outlook. @Wozza want to rack up some more miles on that brill bike, and @PauloHRC want to do another 'educational' ride on his!!:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

My weather app has said 13 degrees and brilliant sunshine this weekend so let's hope it happens!

I'm off out on sunday to try rack up a few miles......need to get it up to 600!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I did exactly the same, Paul. Put in an extra effort to rack up those 600. I've never had a bike on the road for so many consecutive days!!:D:D. It's just one of those mental things, isn't it. Sort of freeing ourselves of an 'obligation' knowing that once that 600 is done, all is okay!

4. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

I should be off out today, take a trip to sportsbikeshop There is a TomTom app that let's you plot a route through the twisties, and makes it a round trip on different roads. It's pretty great!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Screenshot_20190216-081938_MyDrive.jpg
    Usually it would take you down the main roads.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Same here N got all ready to go out 11am thought once mist lifted but no light drizzle making the roads wet...not happy will try late pm or tommorow have got couple of wks off now so should get out...so off for a pedal it is then see you all later...have a good day

• Like Like x 2
  7. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

How do you choose which bike to take out if the weather’s good Nigel?!

8. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Looks pretty good that.......what's the app called ? May look into it :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Waze* has the twisty option too. I've been to SBS once, took the car and the credit card :D Had a nice burger from the van as well :oops:

Will keep a look out for your bike at the various bike haunts this year :cool:

*don't know which ones spies on you more though. Waze is owned by Google and TomTom has been caught selling data to the police. Mr Rock meet Mr Hard Place.

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I think he does eeny meeny miney squirrel :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

My Drive, should be free from either app store. And if you have a TomTom satnav, you can plot a route from your phone, and then just send it across to your actual satnav unit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Having spent many years on supermarket nightfill, I adopt the rotational method or oldest stock first.(longest since last ridden!) :)

Seriously though, my 2011 is my main ride. I don't mind racking up miles on that to preserve the others. Plus, it is a great bike to ride.

As others with multiple bikes (or cars) will understand, there is no real decision making process. It sort of comes as a whim, like: I think I'll take the MV out today, or today's a great day for a two stroke! The other problem of having some buried in my lounge room also affects what I'll ride:rolleyes:. Can be difficult to run them regularly over winter, but I am a firm believer of running them all over my 30-mile loop at least once per month.

(Please note that this is not a bragging situation. I am retired and have chosen to 'invest' in my bikes as enjoyment rather than see savings erode to crap bank and investment rates.)

• Like Like x 7
  13. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Was fekkin freezin today...supposed to be 13, felt more like 3! Had my thermal onesie on :oops:

Anyway, had a good blast out to Southend!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Spare a thought for some of us north of the border.
    I spend most of my time watching grey clouds turning into dark gray clouds before they burst at the seams. Some people say it only rains twice a week in Scotland, from Monday to Friday and from Saturday to Sunday. Might have to track down one of these.
    DA9C7B3D-ADC1-4A51-8DF7-3DBE4D281A1F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Nice Repsol:).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Is that a Quasar? Not seen anything about them in decades, which judging by the cars in the background would be about right.

Cars look like a Rover and a MK3 Cortina, but sure the even older members on here can give a definite answer, and knowing this place also give the models and engine size :D

17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not very old, but you're right about the Rover and Cortina.

Can't give the year, but I recall the Rover badged as a 3500. My sister had that model Cortina in about 1976. (She had no style:rolleyes:)

18. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

76 was the final year for the MK3 Coca Cola Cortina, never held the same status as the MK1 & 2.
    The Rover is a P6 made them in 2.0,2.2 & 3.5 otherwise known as the Baby V8

My mate had the 2.2, classy car for its era, every panel was bolted on including the roof from memory, he bent and changed a few panels.

My first ‘fast Ford’. was a 2 door MK2 1600E, throught I was Jack the lad in that as an 18 year old, we used to race them down the new Swanscombe cutting hill, on the A2, the speedo never stopped climbing even if the car was as going no faster, it was great until you got to the bend at the bottom, needing all 3 lanes to get around it at 90 mph which was probably closer to 80, and they were great for blowing headgaskets, used to put a new one in every couple of months, trick cams from Jeff Howes at Brands Hatch and a straight through exhaust, chromed restyle wheels, felt like I had arrived :D

Happy days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

My Dad had a red mk3 estate which went bang on our first big trip, a holiday in Exmouth. The first car I remember him buying was a burgandy mk1 which he traded the Anglia I was nearly born in for. I used to love that mk1as to a kid me it reminded me of the batmobile from the tv series.

An uncle had one of the rovers, I'm pretty certain it was a TC, and think it may have been a 3.5 but not sure as I think I would have been in single digits then. I do remember it was brown though :confused:

20. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Well the weather held up today and managed to get an impromptu ride out with @Selmer50mark . Clocked up the Sp's first 150 miles on its first ride of the year. Would have been more if the weather didn't start to look a bit dodgy! :rolleyes:;)
    20190217_134913.jpg 20190217_134902.jpg 20190217_135021.jpg

• Like Like x 8