Daniel Hegarty

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradt, Nov 18, 2017.

1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Just seen the news that British Superbike rider Daniel Hegarty has been killed whilst competing in Macau GP, I admit to not following this class of racing but a tragic event.
    Condolences to his family, friends and team .

2. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

I've just read about this this morning. I do follow the roads. It's such a sad loss. It's a dark sport sometimes. Rip Dan.

3. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

It is a great loss indeed. I have raced with him on numerous occasions on the roads and he was a great lad. It has not been a good year again for the sport, but it is all part and parcel of it sadly.

4. Tonic

Tonic Active Member

I've followed road racing for the last few years, this year has been the worse for both accidents and deaths and I can't help but think the litre bikes are getting too powerful for road racing.

5. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Senior Member

A part of me agrees. And also a part says let them race what they want. At the end of the day racing any size bike on the roads is dam dangerous.

6. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

I am still racing my GSXR600 which doesn't hang around. I have toyed with getting a 1000 but to use one properly on the roads is a different ball game altogether. Having said all that, I will probably do so anyway!

• Like Like x 2