Datatool - a sleepless night?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Sossige, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Just got home from a great blast out on the Blade - absolutely loving it.

Did the usual put the bike & kit away ritual, got a brew and went upstairs to get my forums fix and can then hear the bike alarm going off in the garage.

Go into the garage, bike looks fine. Disarm the alarm, set it again and two mins later it's going off again. :(

Seems fine now I have disabled the movement sensor, just wondering if I am going to get a rude awakening in the night.

Any ideas what to look at, if anything that I can check myself? Alarm is a Datatool Green 4.

Soss

#1 Sossige, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  2. vvtr

vvtr New Member

well, regarding datatool3.. i ws told by bikesure that they were declassified to cat 2 as of 2009...
    so the one i took off my sp to fit on the blade is useless, as the HISS system is already cat2.
    just picked up a meta defcom3 cheap which puts it back on cat1

regarding your problem. its not just a flat(ish) battery is it?

3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Mouse.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Sadly nothing as simple as that. Also have my Accumate connected and it says the battery is good.

S

5. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

i was having similar issues with mine.
    firstly I thought it was because the bike is parked on a slope, and maybe the wind was rocking it more??
    But just recently I have noticed that it seems to happen when ive washed the bike down, so Im assuming some water/damp is getting in there?
    (its under the seat area)

6. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Thanks, sadly none of those as it's in a garage on a flat surface and the bike hasn't been washed for a while.

It's going to a dealer for a spare Datatool fob to be coded in later next week, so if it carries on playing up, then I'll ask them to take a look at it. My manual says that the reason for recent activations are stored in the memory of the alarm and can be interrogated by a dealer.

S

7. Alblade

Alblade God Like

If you get stuck let me know - mate runs Target technology and has worked on bike alarms for years

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

You have my sympathy, i hate alarms and don't have them on my bikes. Good luck.

9. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Me 2 I have removed loads and one of my wet bike yesterday easy to remove

10. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Thanks all for the replies, happily the alarm didn't go off again :) so at least it wasn't a sleepless night!

Will have a play with it again later and see if if goes off again with the nudge/movement sensors on again. If it carries on playing up, the dealer can look at it when they are coding an extra fob in.

S

11. Clarkey

Clarkey Member

Alarms I think are a waste of time every bike I've had with an alarm always had issues I've just had my alarm removed from my blade because it stopped working completely and immobilised the bike but good luck with sorting yours

12. phantom

phantom Active Member

Im surprised datatool are still in business, every bike forum
    I have ever used has posts about them randomly going
    Off or cutting the ignition while out for a run.

13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I have to agree with others. I don't use or like alarms on my bike. So never been a issue Den, but get it looked at when you take it back even if it does not happen again

14. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

The S4 alarm is very sensitive to voltage, I know you stated it is on your Optimate,but the fact that it is triggering as soon as you arm it, indicates a voltage trigger, and now the bike has been on charge and its ok, could indicate an issue there.

PM sent

• Like Like x 1
  15. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

i asked a question as to my datatool some time ago on here, it immobilsed my bike outside of my flat, absolute load if shite, the company said "do this, do that" overnight, next morning the bike started, i stopped it, and the sod wouldnt start again, lost all.faith in the thing, i was just lucky it happened when i was at home, so by-passed the rubbish, got peace of mind now
    at least on a ride out i know i am going to get home now ha ha