Daytona 675 to CBR1000RR ABS?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by steffydog, May 17, 2011.

1. steffydog

steffydog Active Member

Hiya, as above...at present i have a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675, i've covered just over 5k in year 1, and have owned it from new. Anyway i did the Ron Haslam Race School last week and bar my off (another story), I really liked the CBR600RR ABS, comfort wise, but it did need to be in the 10-14k range to shift, so now i'm thinking mmm...should i go the whole 9 yards and get the Blade?

I'm not keen on revving the 675, or the 600 to get my fun, so im hoping my demo ride of the Blade this Saturday will close the deal. Booked a demo on a Repsol ABS model.

I like a track day too and have taken my 675 on 3 times, i'm no racer but i enjoy a bend, especially when i keep it upright, bar the crashed CBR600RR ABS last week doh!

The 600 just looks a bit dated, lights, mirrors etc, the Blade looks beautiful IMO. I liked it as soon as it was realesed (new shape RR8?) but funds didnt allow...but now im thinking yes please.

Anything i should know, bar the ECU drain on ABS as posted tonight?
    I've never ridden a 1000cc ever...will my eyes pop out?

Thanks for any replies, i look forward to joing you all properly ASAP

2. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

I ride a GSXR750 K9 which is often compared to the 675; tested a blade 10 days ago and ordered one straight away - new ABS HRC coming on Saturday. I didn't think there would be such a difference but there is! The accelaration is fierce (although it's all relative I guess) with in-gear acceleration the most impressive from 4k revs, stability excellent and much more comfortable than my gixer.

I am hooked already...

• Like Like x 1
  3. steffydog

steffydog Active Member

I thought as much, im guessing 1000cc with nearly 50% more torque and 50% more BHP, will feel pretty immense for just a small extra amout of weight!?
    My downer on the 675 is the riding position, its high, perched up high, the Honda i felt was roomier and more in, than on?

4. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

Yup - that's what I felt on the 'blade too. Although the GSXR750 is not as aggressive as your 675 in terms of riding position I still felt a big difference. I do a bit of touring and the prospect on my gixer was not appealing with a cramped riding position and pressure on the wrists.

Be interesting to see your thoughts on the blade after your test and whether you make it out of the dealership without making an order...

5. steffydog

steffydog Active Member

Hehe, my mate is test riding one too! could be a double whammy...we'e not gagging for them instantly, so might test ride the GSXR750 too.

Did you order any other bits with yours, alarm , seat cowl etc?

I think i'd be doing the same as you HRC and ABS, the demo bike has them as did my track bike the other day.

Im just not sure on the present HRC colours or if i prefere the previous one, new one has blue tank, white or gold wheels, i've seen both, the previous one had white tank and gold wheels...

6. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

Few bits and bobs ordered - tail tidy, crash bobbins, Leo Vince exhaust, Meta alarm. Trying not to go mad to start with. GSXR750 is a good bike but I was bowled over by the blade.

Enjoy!

7. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi steffydog.

I went from a Street Triple 675 to the blade. The Street was great fun - especially on the track as you could absolutely wring its neck. The Blade I find obviously a completely different beast. There's no problem with the power increase, in fact I find it easier to ride (snatchy low revs from the 675 motor).

The blade is fast, but equally is at home pottering along at 30mph. It is a great all rounder. All day comfort, insane speed, good build quality, and just feel 'right'.

Go for it - you will not regret it!

Rob.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steffydog

steffydog Active Member

My 675 is snatchy too, especially on UK roads. Not the comfiest ride. I'm not a test pilot so I can't see me ever using the blades power properly. Just nice to have, and I'm hoping it's built rather better than the trumpet and it's cheese screws!

Can't wait for Saturday!

9. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Steffydog the GSXR 750 is also a great piece of kit, more than enough for the road and not much between them and the bigger 1000s, Insurance is massively cheaper on the GSXR 750 as well.

10. steffydog

steffydog Active Member

I rode the 'Blade and its a lovely bike, felt quite big compared to my Daytona, so im going to stick with her for now. thanks for all your help on pricing and dealers etc..I think ill wait a bit as im not 100% sold..

11. Bats

Bats Active Member

Ive just bought a 2011 hrc abs 2 weeks ago then went to the IOM to run it in so far i must say its fantastic!!

12. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Before buying my blade I considerEd a 675R but I'm sick of wringing bikes necks

Honestly a thou is so much easier to ride than a modern 600 on the road. The blade is really easy to ride and more confidence inspiring than any bike I've owned.

These bladeS handle as good as any 600 but have twice the usable power where you need it on the road and about 8000rpm they're amazing.

I would say test ride it and you WILL want one. When you buy one you will wonder why you were messing around on 600s and 750s for so long. I did anyway!

13. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

A mate went from a Daytona 650 to a Blade and loves it.

I have a ZX6 and a 08 Blade and I m more than happy jumping from one to another. The Blade is insanely fast (hold the throttle on the stop in 3rd or 4th gear and scream as the needle passes 8000 rpm, its totally mental and totally addictive) but also very user friendly and easy to ride so I would have no hesitation in recommending it. In fact I will go as far to say everyone I know who has ridden a Blade wants one and the only pointing stopping people is there own finances, if they could afford it they bought it which speaks volumes IMO.

Its a truly great bike and I hope you enjoy your test ride but don't take the cheque book or the outcome is a no brainer.