Daytona 765 moto2 Rep

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gary1966, Jul 26, 2019.

1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I really wish I could like the looks of the MT10 because it sounds amazing. It's nearly there looks wise for me in the SP trim because of the paintwork, but not quite. Think the fuel range would bug me aswell.

2. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

I've been feeling low since making the call to Carl Rosner, but I think I was hoping for a bit more of a "special-customer" treatment with the ability to customise the front of the bike. I'd asked to try and reserve a particular production number which was not possible, and I'd also asked about having symmetric front headlamps, which again wasn't possible. Knowing how good the Daytona 675R is I know I'd have enjoyed the bike whilst on it. I just don't think it's the full package I was hoping for, despite offering to pay extra to address some of my desires.

Having sat on the bike at Silverstone and revved the engine - I know you won't be disappointed @nigelrb and I know I'll be envious. If I had lots of spare cash, I'd have kept my order, but given I can get so close with a Street Triple RS for £5k less (and probably £500/yr less on insurance) it just seems like the sensible (boring) option.

When there was all the hype about the new Blade and its extra 25 bhp (that clearly I need on my daily commute to central London) I started to think that I'd divert my money to getting one of those. But I don't think the new Blade will be for me either, and certainly not at £20k.

I'm going to have a troubled time ahead and I'm sure I'll have cancellation remorse for weeks and months to come (so go easy on us please!).

• Like Like x 3
  3. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I haven’t had remorse as yet ha ha I paid 9400 for my RS brand new late in 2018 it’s classed as a 19. But don’t ask me to add up what I have spent on it since rapid evo with qs/blipper, dymags, titanium headers etc etc 130 at the rear wheel I love it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Ill not argue regarding the looks as they are quite divisive but fortunately for me I think it looks gorgeous and it’s so different from anything else out there. The engine gets the same response from everyone......mental.....sounds amazing....plenty of power....(too much for some).
    Hard to believe when most litre bikes are £15k plus that you can still get one for less than £12k

5. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

I have lost count how many new Triumph bikes I have had at least 12? Never had a problem with my dealer( best dealership winners ) Christmas hasn’t helped with yours but no excuse for bad communication.

My last Honda sp2 deal done and I picked it up 3 days later very smooth.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Couldn't buy one the barrel where you put the key in isn't dead central...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I think we are all getting sucked in by the marketing of bikes these days. The only person who really cares about a bike collection is the person who owns it. I am starting to sway the way of the masses. Buy a motorbike, shove an end can on it, rag it for two years, change it. Let’s face it a few years ago (on here) the 2014 Fireblade SP was the best thing since sliced bread. Now unless you have a zero miler they are not worth a carrot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

You’d think they’d give up their break to get it done! :p Look forward to seeing yours in your lineup Nigel :)

10. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Not so much reinvent the wheel but improve on perfection?

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

C388A03C-540F-40A5-BF8C-F71DBCF6F4EF.jpeg

So basically the bike is not even new, it’s a one owner used bike. I wouldn’t be impressed.

12. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

To help those who struggle to fit a tank pad correctly by diverting attention and making it harder to see which is least true?

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

now get back in there and get the rest of the goodies....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. raphael

raphael Elite Member

fuck me your easily pleased;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

You're still entitled to your money back Nigel!! ;)

16. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Calm down nige you can’t ride it or you would be mad to , all good things come to those that wait :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Looks like another t shirt is on its way as you were so pleased with the last one;);) looks like you’ve found another company with a customer service as bad as Honda:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

That tells me it’s overpriced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

It will never make money...,,the only ones that do have had great riders/drivers on them and have won great titles...

20. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

I got one of those in a "goodie bag" at Silverstone. I wonder if Triumph will be asking for it back now that I cancelled my order.. I was really after a baseball cap, but they wouldn't give that to me instead.

#240 Ice Doc, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019