Daytona 765 moto2 Rep

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gary1966, Jul 26, 2019.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

News is it's going to be a 1200cc 180 bhp monster, with a price to go with it. The sales guy I know was saying all being well it should be at the NEC in November.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Think that might put me off tbh. When I test rode the Speed I liked the fact that it kept the speeds sensible and still had good fun factor.

3. dainesefreak

That's exactly why I bought into the Street, the new gen of litre bikes just don't interest me any more. There's no way I need 200+ bhp on the road. My 2018 Blade was too much really and I wasn't enjoying the wait for the knock on the door or the post to arrive after some rides.

I took a ride over last Saturday and they convinced me to take their new demo Speed out. I spent two days trying to convince myself I didn't miss the torque and midrange. Then the deal they put on the table was too good to miss. :D

I actually said I wouldn't be interested in the new bike if it was 180 brake, 140 to 150 feels about right for an all-rounder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I know I keep banging the same drum but the MT10 blows me away, and with ‘only’ 160bhp (probably 135 RWHP) and oodles of torque it’s a phenomenal all rounder. In mode 2 it can be ridden sensibly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

I know that sick feeling.. However I do love the size of the Blade and the way I can filter between traffic on my daily (not at the moment sadly) commute. This has been my main reason for not buying into a Street Triple - worried the wing mirrors will be the same height as vans' or cars'..

• Like Like x 1
  6. dainesefreak

You learn the Triple wiggle fairly quickly. ;)

They actually don't stick out much further than the end of bars.

7. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Had a street triple for three years prior to my RR7 blade. Great little bike. Handles well! :)

8. dainesefreak

The dealer's told me he's got another 765 moto 2 rep coming in, should be about a week if anyone's interested?

9. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Can see bikes starting to not sell if everyone is panicking!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. dainesefreak

Yeah definitely, especially the stuff we buy. For most people larger capacity bikes tend to be a 2nd or 3rd mode transport or leisure item.

There's a thread over on the Triumph forum and I was just saying about the supposed 1200 Speed coming to the NEC in November. The current financial situation could stop or shelve development for a while, even for businesses that look financially strong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Totally agree with you mate. Hopefully it won’t come to that but in the times of people being laid off left right and centre people will be cautious with money, unless it’s loo rolls :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dainesefreak

Went over to pic the Speed up this morning and they had just had 6 new bikes to uncrate. This was just being unwrapped and going into stock. Didn't appreciate how nice that carbon looks until it was shining in the sun.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Going in to stock :eek::D I can recall these being described as rocking horse s###, waiting list places snapped up in hours, and lists extending 10 fold for those hoping to pick up a cancelled order.

Hopefully the new blade will be as well taken up and Honda will review the price of them for the bikers who ride them, rather than the lottery winners who want one in their collection.

.......... I’ll get my coat

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

Yeah, initially I thought I was lucky to secure one (a Daytona 765), but after being disappointed by so many aspects of the Triumph experience I decided to pull out. I still think it's a great bike, but just not quite £15765 great. Equally, I'm sure the new Blade will be a great bike, but at £20K for the standard model (with no QS) and £23.5K for the SP, I think it's unrealistic to expect these to sell en mass. Local Honda dealer thinks it's a lot of bike for the money, I think it's a lot of money for a bike.. (doesn't mean I don't want one).

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Got talking to a guy with one today....
    He loves it....and intends to bang the miles on it and do trackdays too....
    Great to see one out :)

20200322_114358-1.jpg 20200322_113739.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Good to see you keeping in touch with our Nige

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Does nothing for me would rather have a black R6 and save a few grand may have a carbon fairing but looks dated...those front headlights from the 90s ....no wonder loads left....also V2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

The V2 makes the most sense to me if I had £15k burning a hole in my pocket.

• Agree Agree x 2