Dealer Service - recommendations

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by RepsolSam, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

I am in East london, and recommendations on which dealer i can hey my first service from?

John romford is close..but i did not like the service i got from the parts department few years back and my gut says not to take the bike there..

I did think of changing the oil myself, bit thought the first stamp in the book will help sell the bike later down the line..

Also i got something knocking on the front, will get them to check this out at the same time. Do new blades come with 2 years or 1 years warranty? I cant remember.

2. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

2 years Warrenty I person ly do all my own service work as I don't trust mechanics nowadays they don't value your stuff. Quick to sell u a bike. But customer service is shit personally If you have a problem then I would take it Sam this time and your right get your first stamp then after do it yourself

3. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

The knocking from the front end is probably the big piston forks, they all do that.

#3 sp1n99, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Naz

Naz Active Member

The guys in the service dept at johns are all right, ask for a guy called Aaron he knows his stuff. As for parts, Ive had the same experience with a few places, but you need the stamps to keep the warranty, otherwise if later a fault develops you will have a arse ache trying to get them to do a repair

5. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

That's right..... Had 3 now and all done it.

6. tazmania_1981

tazmania_1981 Active Member

i just wondered if you replace the internals for the front forks would that knocking be gone as well ??/

7. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I don't really know. As I only ride on the roads these days ( and not a lot at the moment) I never felt the need to change them. Apart from the occasional knock I found the forks excellent.