Delkevic Slip-on

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Phil_M, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Phil_M

Phil_M Active Member

Went for a steady ride to Willingham last Wednesday with my daughter on the back and my mate on a 2013 GSXR with full Yoshi system came past me on full chat - sounded awesome!

So I've decided it's time for me to lose the original pipe on my '06 Blade and make some noise! :D

I was thinking of an Akrapovic slip-on and then stumbled across Delkevic on the wonderweb and I am tempted by the look of their slip-on for the '06 Blade.

Has anyone any experience of the quality/sound of their systems?

Cheers!

2. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

I had one on an old 636 kwak. It looked nice but quality isn't great. Stainless link pipe discoloured a lot and quickly plus the he rivets pulled through the carbon sleeve twice and I had to cut it down and re rivet. However,once I realised the previous owner had mounted it under tension slightly, I added a spacer to the mounting. And it was ok after that, albeit a bit shorter!
    So for the money it ok but obviously not as good quality as the main brands

Another option I'm considering is black widow...same price bracket.

Also had a few mates running sp engineering cans which seem ok.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phil_M

Phil_M Active Member

Thanks for that.

The cost isn't really an issue, it's more the quality, appearance and sound that I am interested in and you've confirmed my doubts as to the quality, however at that price point it may still be worth a punt!

I've had a quick look on the Black Widow and SP Engineering website's and they no longer seem to offer systems for the '06.

4. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

Might be worth a call to sp. There are quite a small outfit but like to help out. They custom made a pipe for a mates vfr 800 and gave him loads of discount to take pics for website

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Phil_M

Phil_M Active Member

Following a bit more research I've pretty much decided to go for a Two Brothers slip-on, the UK distributor seems to no longer be trading, but after an email to Two Brothers in the US, they put me on to one of their distributors in the US that will airmail it over.

6. Christopher Marklew

Christopher Marklew New Member

Check out pipwerx. It's what I went for in the end. British made, decent quality for the money, and sounds awesome!

7. AdamH

AdamH Active Member

I had a Delkevic full system on my VFR. Quality is average, but their service is excellent. Collector box blew a hole after about a year, and they sent out a free replacement without a seconds hesitation. Lovely, helpful people.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil_M

Phil_M Active Member

Went for the Two Brothers in the end, great service from BiohazardCycles.....fitted tonight, love the look and after a VERY brief start up the sound is exactly what I was after! :D

9. Dazzler54

Dazzler54 Member

Pic's?

10. Rids666

Rids666 Active Member

How much did the two bros end up costing you in the end Phil? I've been looking at upgrading my exhaust and I'm toying between the yoshimura and the two bros.

11. Phil_M

Phil_M Active Member

It was 468.00 US Dollars inc. carriage, which equated to about £ 360.00

12. Rids666

Rids666 Active Member

Wow great price. That's around £100 less than the Carbon yoshi.