Difference between 2017 & 2018 fireblade

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Fireblade1000, Apr 9, 2019.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Annoys me reading this. Hope the dealer are easy to deal with going forward. Stand your ground on what you want, it is their fault.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think as a matter of public interest we should be allowed to to know who the dealer is. There could be many (and probably are) non-members following this and I think we owe prospective purchasers 'community intelligence' on things to look out for when purchasing a bike, and at which dealership/s such scrutiny should be applied.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fireblade1000

Fireblade1000 New Member

Your points are spot on i wont be accepting the other bike, like you said not sure how its been used/abused. I paid for a new bike not a second hand one. I will keep you all posted on the progress. Thanks once again for all the advices and comments.
    By the way iv already contacted honda uk and made a case. Iv asked for a courtesy bike as well i told then that i need it for commuting to work which i do.
    Ill find out tomorrow when she calls me.
    If the forum rules allow it then i dont mind naming the dealer for public interest as stated.

#23 Fireblade1000, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

and the dealer is....????

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I don't think the forum rules would prohibit it. There is nothing defamatory or libellous in any of the thread's posts. This discusses a situation of a purchaser receiving goods sold not as described and all ensuing information/comments are of public interest.

6. Fireblade1000

Fireblade1000 New Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

8. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Wow shocking. Hope they resolve it. sounds like you've got good grounds as I see it. Your paper work states MY18 and they've delivered MY17. Most courts would back you. I'd start to look at legal options quickly as that normally spurns them on.

9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Find that really surprising from such a respected well known family business/racing team but on the other hand wouldn’t put it past a big main dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Actually I might say this might be how they became as successful and as powerful as they have - by shafting as many buyers as possible as quickly as possible over as many years as possible.

Who knows, maybe many people never speak up about their shitty experience buying from Padgetts - the ball is in their court to clear things up.

If they really where the Padgetts everyone thinks they should be, then the first time the issue was brought up by the OP, Padgetts should have said "Oh bugger, we screwed up - pop round tomorrow and we will sort you out."

There is never smoke without a fire some where.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

@Fireblade1000 I can understand why you would feel duped by the dealer.:(

Can I ask did you buy the bike through PCP or cash? And how much did you pay for it?

12. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

My feeling is that this has to be a cock up, pure and simple. No way any dealer would even consider doing a switcharoo as the potential consequences wouldn’t be worth what they’d get out of doing it.
    That first phone call you had sounded evasive from them, but that’ll most likely be because she’s trying to dodge blame because she doesn’t know what’s actually happened yet, and is just trying to kick the van down the road until they can work out who cocked up and how.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

That's a very good point. If there was any credit card involvement for £100 or over then you will also have the Credit Card company that you can go to for help. PCP may offer something similar under the Consumer Credit Act but I have never had PCP so am not aware of the regulations it is covered by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

At first my thoughts were, it was the case of a 2017 being passed off by the dealer as a 2018 or 19. but it would seem its actually two bikes with the wrong identities......am I right in thinking that?

Regarding PCP and credit card purchases, I agree with @Barstewardsquad, you should be covered in some way if you want to return the bike having been mis-sold it.

If you have 'fell in love' with the bike and decide to keep it and have bought it through PCP, you would at least have a guaranteed future value at the end of the term which i'm presuming is 3 years?

In which case you hand the bike back to the dealer who have in a way 'hood-winked' them selves as they are now lumbered with a bike that is more than likely worth less than the guaranteed future value and the finance company will also be out of pocket! Every cloud an all that...…….:)

15. Fireblade1000

Fireblade1000 New Member

UPDATE
    thanks again guys for all comments and advice really helpful and helped me in the direction to go. Really appreciated.

Called dealer today and was told that she has located my bike (the one i should have had) which was sent to a workshop to get it custom painted. (I do vaguely remember them saying they were getting one painted when i bought mine). Luckily its not been touched, so she says and its still new with 0 miles on the clock which she will pick up and get it delivered to me for monday. Iv also had honda uk call me and they will credit me the money i paid for the first service. So i will have another brand new fireblade on monday 0 miles on the clock, which hopefully is the correct one.

I bought it on honda 0% finance over 3 years and will own it out right at the end. Cost was £12,999.

OTR £15769
    Honda deposit contribution £2000
    And i dropped them the £769

• Like Like x 5
  16. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

Sounds a great result - so have they not done the custom paint job on it?

17. Fireblade1000

Fireblade1000 New Member

No apparently not.....i know what will happen, come monday i will have a pink fireblade delivered to me:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

All sounding positive for you I’m relieved on your behalf - keep us informed of the developments :)

19. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

:D

20. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Excellent outcome from your perspective.

Forever the optimist, I'm still puzzled by the fact that you'v e obviously had the bike a while to log its first service. I saw March on the document you posted. That would seem to imply that a brand new Blade has been sitting in a workshop all that time with nothing done to it?

To a dealer, a bike off the floor is lost money. However, if the bike had been sold, would a customer be that patient?

No concern to you of course. You're getting your 'proper' bike with zero miles. I'm hoping you hadn't yet spent money on rad guard or tail tidy?