Difference between 2017 & 2018 fireblade

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Fireblade1000, Apr 9, 2019.

1. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a very good result, and also welcome that you didn't have to fight them to get there.

Good deal too - 12995 on a new blade is better than most of the 2017 ex demos kicking around out there!

2. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Maybe it hadn't been "sold' and had been sat in showroom & was sticking from a selling point so they decided to paint job it to get shut?!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Very true, Lozzy, (and others) and especially so if it were to have been the 2017 to be painted - which is more logical. Still, if that be the case, and the bike had been shipped to the painters either before, or at the point of the other bike's sale, one would be fairly confident that a dealership turning over many bikes, would do checks, especially in the case of having similar bikes, to ensure that the correct bike was sent to the painters. That's where my optimism lies - with this whole 'deflecting the issue' scenario.

Further, from the OP's original post, the dealer's female representative was initially evasive and deflective to the point where the implication was: They're the same bike, it doesn't matter, and I never said anything about a 2018. Surely, when such a query was raised, this 'mysterious bike to be painted' would have come to the forefront of her mind? But no! It took the dealer more than 24 hours to offer the OP that scenario.

I don't buy it. The learned Judge Judy's words echo in my ear: 'If something's too good to be true, it probably is. My view is that the dealer, at best, has soft shuffled its way out of a major balls up, or at worst, tried to palm off a 2017 to an unsuspecting purchaser, but stuffing up the paperwork in doing so.

As we all agree, it's water under the bridge now, and @Fireblade1000 can breathe relief that he got out of this without too much scarring.

4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Maybe a moment of menopausal madness :eek: in which case we should cut her some slack :rolleyes:

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

No way. From the days of the suffragettes women have striven for equality. On the given scenario, should we trust a woman's sincerity for only three weeks of every month - or more broadly offer concessions for everything she says for 3 months of every year?

Nup. Not buying that. A bit of stomach cramp cannot be offered as an excuse for inferior performance in the work place. Shape up or ship out. Black and white. Pure and simple. Do the job properly of Eff right off! That's what 'm talkin' about!!:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Noooo......not the monthly's. ....The biggy crazy stuff Menopause at the end :rolleyes:

That time when they hunt men down and set fire to their cat cushions.....especially after someone has cut and pasted said comments and forwarded onto Paggets for her attention :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Still no excuse!:rolleyes:

You can't go making excuses for the sisterhood Loz. Perhaps the way to wrap this up might be best put crudely: Men are allowed to think with their dicks, but women are not allowed to create excuses because of their fannys:D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. raphael

raphael Elite Member

I still can’t work out why your divorced so many times mate? It will come to me eventually lol

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

He's obviously got shut of them all before they reached menopause & understandably did a Lorena Bobbit on him :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Any female medical condition where the treatment involves pregnant mare urine is one to stay well away from. When the wife enters that phase I am going to see if I can rejoin the army for a few years, has to be a safer option :eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Colour me skeptical of the explanation - they either screwed up and totally cocked up the paperwork or tried to pull a fast one. If its a paperwork cockup just own up to it and move one.

Honda UK probably got involved so quick because this entire fiasco essentially involves vehicle registration fraud. Bad news for dealer and manufacturer.

Bike was off at the painters? LOL yeah, sure it was. ;)

12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Ah, so I should be 'softening' my social outlook?:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Happens more then you think, I had a car in work for mot and been sent out with wrong number plates on.

My mate at Rac went out to a break down, the owner ordered a petrol car and they gave him a diesel, so the owner had filled the tank with the right fuel but in the wrong car

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Were you not tempted to ask what the custom paint was going to be and could you decide whether you want it or not? Atleast it wasn't a 2018 vs 2019 mistake.

15. Fireblade1000

Fireblade1000 New Member

Finally got my new fireblade delivered this afternoon with 0 miles on the clock. They took the old one away with over 800 miles on the clock.
    I know of a newish fireblade, matte black, recently serviced with 1 careful owner and 800 miles on the clock if any1 is interested. Lol

Didnt really cross my mind. I just wanted my bike to be honest.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Bonus free 800 miles!!

That's a magic result. There would be others who would suffer a massive shafting!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Result - happy for you that it was relatively painless in the end

18. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Great resolution.
    Good luck with your newer new bike LOL :)