Disappointed in powerbronze

Discussion in 'Powerbronze' started by Carl, Jan 12, 2013.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Thought I'd risk it after this issue had been brought to Powerbronze's attention and order one.

Same problems as the OP, so it's going back! :(

2. phantomx0_1

phantomx0_1 Active Member

Personally I hate their carbon stuff what's with the junk bit of mesh the insist putting in all their huggers looks gash!

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My thoughts on the first comment is if they are traders By Rob's rules they need to be active. If they could easily see this thread and I will move it to their section so they have no reason not to see it and post a reply.

if they do not it shows they are not active [​IMG] and they should be

4. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

It is noteworthy Remal that when I was having problems with them I couldn't get them to answer my emails, however, I posted on their traders thread and got an immediate response.

I didn't get any discount for being on the forum, no apology when things went wrong?

5. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

What a crap service. Shame really as I really wanted some of those trick lights they do all over their display bikes ;)

6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I got a refund (eventually after complaining about the delay) but despite asking me to email them my return postage costs receipt they still dicked me outa of a few quid by just refunding their initial postage charges.

I didn't bother complaining as I'd rather slate em on here as bad press is a far greater 'Hit' to the Crap Trader.

I'd die if people talked and complained about my company in the way Peeps do about 'ShowerBronze'

Bet they aint even checked out this thread in weeks! :rolleyes:

7. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Can this tread be moved onto powerbronze's page, thrust it under their nose so to speak, at the onset I was concerned that it was just me complaining but I hear nothing good on and off of the forum.

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well moving to their Board I was hoping to get some feedback but it seems that is not the case. When you say move to their page what do you mean?

9. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I have no idea Remal, I still use one finger to type:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Bought my 10 plate secondhand, original owner spent tons on aftermarket gear, which includes a PB carbon mesh hugger, what a pile of shite, impossible to get straight, and dubious quality, unlike you boys, its just a commuter hack, so I really don't care, but add me to the list of PB haters

• Like Like x 1
  11. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

So i should save up for the original Honda CF hugger then.....?

If we're gonna bitch about huggers then..... my Taylormade one is a little warped and off centre of tyre which therefore makes it look crap! :mad:

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Looks like OEM is best in this case!

13. Evogixer

Evogixer Active Member

For what its worth, I saw a PB rear seat cowl sat on my mates 'Busa. He's sending it back, doesn't fit...

14. glynn

glynn Member

Glad I've not wasted my time and money looking at their website. Come to think of it I had a power bronze hugger on my urban tiger and that was warped.

15. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

I know this is quite an old thread but to be fair to Powerbronze I think this may be relevant.
    I've just fitted their carbon fibre hugger to my 2014 ABS and it fitted a treat, really easy took about 20 minutes. All nice and square. The only issues that I had were that I'm not keen on the 2 5mm caphead bolts supplied. The 3mm allen head feels as if it would round if tightened too much so I fitted ss spring washers under them. Also the instructions said to re-use one of the honda bolts on the large bracket but the honda bolt is a step shafted bolt and doesn't fit. Don't worry about this, just use the 2 x 5mm bolts that supplied as the small bracket can use the honda bolt (if your fitting one this makes sense)

16. sinewave

sinewave God Like

U only get one chance to make a first impression and Showerbronze fecked it up Big Style!

Maybe they have improved, maybe not!

All I can say is if they couldn't be arsed in the first place I, and others, will never be arsed to give them a second chance.

17. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Now you mention it I too noticed the instructions were wrong to this regard but it didn't matter to me either. I still have my Powerbronze hugger on my bike two years on and I suppose its ok, but that's it, £100 and only ok?:(

18. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I have never fancied their gear.

#78 Great Guy, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Well, I have a few PB items (all purchased second hand on here I may add) and I love the look of the weave. I received the hugger this morning from Martin and went to fit it. Martin did inform me that it didn't sit square and when bolted up to the bike it was atrocious! The centre of the hugger was about 40mm too far over to the left. I had to use my 2lb persuader to get the bracket into the correct place for the hugger to sit correctly.
    I do admit though, now that it is fitted in the right place it looks well smart along with the rest of their kit.

The thing is you either love the carbon look or you hate it!

[​IMG]

20. RichardPB

RichardPB Active Member

Hello Exuptoy,

I'm glad you have managed to correct the issue with the hugger you purchased.

If I can answer anyone's queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
    Richard
    Powerbronze

• Thanks Thanks x 1