Don’t want to get in trouble but.... (Brexit stuff)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by exuptoy, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy Elite Member

Don't panic....looks like Drunckers got it in hand :)

2018-12-05 13.57.24.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. nigelrb

nigelrb Well-Known Member

Just to go off track, I'm wondering if the originator of that photo was ever prosecuted for 'upskirting'?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy Elite Member

No I think @exuptoy took it before it became law.....and besides...he's a midget, so can't really help it :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Kentblade

Kentblade Elite Member

Although Aussie PMs come and go faster than Man Utd fans at a match, he makes some very valid points, the main issue that has been lost, is what got us to a in/out vote anyway.

IMO, 2 core issues, the never ending civil war in the Tory party between leavers and remainers and Cameron had the complete arrogance to think it would be a walk over for remain, and dump down the Eurosceptics once and for all, and the compete failure by a Labour administration that allowed uncontrolled immigration that has seen many towns and cities turned into ethnic partitions. Uncomfortable fact but that’s the reality and has allowed the immigration issue to bubble over.

The question should have been do you want to remain a sovereign state or continue onwards to a single state federal Europe, because that is what the ‘European Project’ is, no more no less. The reality of that is major decisions such as annual budgets/taxation/laws/security etc is/will be taken by unelected burocrats in Brussels and driven by a Franco-German axis with their interests as the primary importance. If you don’t believe, reference the latest Italian budget woes.

What we are left with is an abject surrender agreement, 2 European wars in the 20th century never weakened us as much as this toothless , spineless government we have today.

Whether you voted to leave or stay you have been f**ked over by the representatives of the 27 and friendly fire by our own side. If we ever vote again and change our minds, They are going to take us to the cleaners, as they hate our guts anyway for being different but love our money as we play by the rules. No amount of KY will ease the pain of the butt f*cking they will give us for generations to come.

What an utter sh*t shower we are in now.

My own observations naturally and you are free to agree or not.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I voted for Brexit; I suspect for different reasons to a lot of others.

I can't be bothered to list everything here because, let's face it, who reads any post over 100 words long on here :D

So I'll just let Tony Benn do the talking.

6. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

That having been said. If it were to go to a 2nd referendum I wouldn't vote the same way. It seems clear that all we're going to get is a deal that doesn't suit the Brexiteers, doesn't suit the EU, doesn't suit the remainers. If that's the case, what's the point. I've had my mind changed. There's just too much entanglement.

The most sense I've heard spoken about it is actually by a German MEP called Hans Olaf Henkels.

7. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I only really disagree on this bit. I think the EU would be so relieved that they'd welcome us back with open arms.

Britain leaving isn't one little country departing. Economically-speaking it's like the 19 next largest countries all leaving at once. Britain has a huge amount of political and financial clout within the EU. Far from punishing, I think the EU would celebrate.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Lozzy

Lozzy Elite Member

I think a simple point that's interesting, is how on earth has it been allowed to become so complicated as to be nearly impossible to leave what is essentially a big club!

Welcome to the Hotel California....
    You can check out anytime you like...
    But you can never leave....

:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. exuptoy

exuptoy Senior Member

If they DO put it to another vote then that will be a bad day for democracy and that’s not sour grapes, that’s fact.
    We might have had a seat at the table but we had no voice! They have no interest in our little isle, they just want our money and the ability to try and dictate to us. The number of scare stories and tactics we’re being subjected to just now should be enough for any sane person to realise they’re shitting it at the thought of the trough running dry. They’re just a load of self serving manipulating tossers who are scared of losing their meal ticket and my vote would not change. I didn’t vote because some spin doctor put a big number on the side of a bus, I voted following doing a lot of reading and my reasons haven’t changed. The EU superstate will be a bad place for all not some dystopia where they have our interests at heart. We’ll be shackled for ever.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mattie660

Mattie660 Well-Known Member

For The Freedom and Independence of the United Kingdom
    For the eternal fight against tyranny and enslavement
    And for courage against cowardice

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Member

A politician caught lying... what else is new?

• Like Like x 2
  12. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Member

It's really easy to leave the EU. What's hard is to compromise in what both sides want out of "the deal".

13. exuptoy

exuptoy Senior Member

IMO we shouldn't even have to deal. Should have just pulled the plug and left!

• Agree Agree x 2