Donnington Park Thursday 9th April with No Limits

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by ColinBR, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Barney1take2

Barney1take2 God Like

E64C2992.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Barney1take2

Barney1take2 God Like

That's it for tonight ,

good day , great lads and girls ,

thank you

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Julian

Julian Active Member

my sincere apologies to the lady in this pic I got a bit premature in the sighting lap and stuck my nose in front of her, if looks could kill I'd be long gone :)..sorry

4. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

Yeah that was one cool bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Thanks mate, really appreciate the pointers, my times were great compared to how comfortable I felt on the bike, flowing sections were fine but still feeling the high side gremlins and breaking way off like ya say but that can be easily sorted....

Think the new front end helped majorly today but masked by other issues so will try and get them ironed out over the weekend ;)

Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  6. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

What can I add that's already been said, great to put some more faces to names from the forum.

Fantastic day for all those concerned.

As said it was a bit of a crash fest, but you got to take the rough with the smooth.

Some seriously quick riders out there today in all groups, and it's always nice when all of our little lot came away intact.

Thanks for the memories folks.

What a great way to spend a day.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Colonel_Klinck

I had the same problem. My was a feeling I was going to lose the front after losing the front at Cadwell. It's difficult to get past a thing like that when it's in your head. More so I'd imagine when you really hurt yourself. You didn't seem shy on getting the power down to me.

8. Colonel_Klinck

Yeah there were 5 or so proper quick lads in Fast today. Always a pleasure to see talented lads tearing it up and backing it into corners. The lad on the 450 with Trix Moto leathers on was carrying some serious corner speed! Does show power isn't everything if you have the talent and balls!

9. shammy666

shammy666 New Member

Great to meet you all yesterday, not that I can remember who's who :rolleyes: I had a great day. Colonel Klinck your advice re: Melbourne Loop was brilliant! Very pleased with the new bike, especially once had the suspension set up, time to book some more track time!!
    Thanks for the help putting the bike in the van at the end of the day (can't remember names of who I clobbered for that - sorry)

Ooooo....sorry did I give you my death stare haha, didn't mean to. It's good though isn't it ;) Brakes on the blade are WAYYYYY better than the R6.

• Like Like x 1
  10. robbo

robbo Active Member

All but one session had the red flags out (dildo's on bikes) so was stop start but the weather was spot on i learnt a lot about the bike and how to ride it, i didn't feel out of place in the inters and at the end of it me and the bike went back in the van without a scratch so not a bad day, nice to meet everybody too, whats next ?

11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

that's the main problem with Donny,i don't really understand why,maybe because it's such a fast flowing track when you crash it tends to be a big one,or maybe people just get over excited who knows.

(I'm guilty of causing 1 red flag last time I was there,which was a silly mistake on behalf :) )

12. Julian

Julian Active Member

Silverstone may 18th ?

13. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

great pics.. wish I could have joined you lads there :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Colonel_Klinck

When ever there is a race meet at any track the same week it's always carnage. With Thundersport there the next day it was pretty much nailed on. Don't think it being one of the first sunny days of the year helped either. It's not right though. Everyone paid for a trackday, not a test day and the racers should remember that.

15. Si.

Si. God Like

Those photos are fantastic Steve!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Alblade

Alblade God Like

The bashed up R6 was my mate Dale's final straw, he's giving up on bikes now, another one of my mates also crashed at the same place, both on cold tyres, early morning giving it full beans. Glad everyone from here had a safe and solid day, Steve's pictures are ace.

Sorry I was not on best form - those there understand why regarding my stolen bike which I left to view

• Like Like x 1
  17. Julian

Julian Active Member

Think I spoke to Dale, happened on the exit from the old hairpin didn't it ? said his front wheel just washed out on him

18. Colonel_Klinck

Ouch! That's why I never ride to a circuit. Hope it isn't as bad as it looked in the pics :(

19. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Dale was on a track bike so it went back in a van, Sinewave used his skills to get the key out the ignition but it was beyond even his abilities to get it fixed up, the dash clocks went in the bin!

20. scooby

scooby Elite Member

nice little vid,whoever has that rear paddock stand,i'll give them one of my old ones,if you are ever at oulton let me know,theres just no need for that :)

• Like Like x 1