Donnington Park Thursday 9th April with No Limits

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by ColinBR, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Getting close now folks.

Go on then, who's had a sneaky peek at the 10 day forecast?

image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

Looks like I'm on the Superduke R for this one. Blade started producing blue smoke on the overrun on day 1 in jerez and just got worse. Thinking it's probably done a valve stem seal so it's engine out when I get back and hope it's nothing worse than that! Did get to ride a couple of the other instructors 2014 ZX10Rs though. Fuck me they go like shit off a stick! And so light to throw around compared to my Blade. Hmm going to take some serious saving and possibly a kidney to afford one though :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Were they bogo standard one's?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Colonel_Klinck

I've no idea. I did have the head off over Xmas to do the head gasket and if I'd known then that 05 Blades are know for this (so I've been told) I'd have done them then. Just hope nothing more serious has happened. I did keep riding it but on the 2nd day sighting laps the exhaust tone changed as I got to turn 1. Stopped and pulled over to the tyre wall. Bike still starts but doesn't sound like it's running on 4 cylinders properly. Will see what's happened when I drop the engine out.

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I meant the ZX10's you tried! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Colonel_Klinck

lol ah I'm with you. Bit pissed around the pool at the hotel. Been on the beers since lunchtime and it's 30c. Tonight could get messy!.... Again :)

One is standard with just an ohlins shock. The other is all the bells and whistles, kit loom/ECU, top ohlins all around bla bla bla and making 202hp at the rear. They were both amazing but one with all the toys did go like nothing I've ever ridden. But he's not crashed it yet and I couldn't be the first so couldn't go mad...... That and I couldn't afford the 18.5k he's paid out to replace it lol.

7. sinewave

sinewave God Like

8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Already picking 1 up there on the day mate or would have been interested

9. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Seems a good price that.
    Especially if you find yourself stuck outside without power.
    You're the knowledge on all thinks electrickery sinewave, he states its up to the job running two tyre warmers,

So what do you reckon?

10. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Well a 2.2kva Genny will give you approx 2000 watts of continuos power.

Most sets of Tyre Warmers are approx 800 watts a set so two sets would require approx 1600 watts of continuos power so it should do it and being as it's being sold by a TDR member I have no doubt he's done so without problems.

I personally would prefer a slightly bigger unit that would also cope with a standard Kettle as well which is maybe why he's selling it! :D

11. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Or be able to power a toaster!

Long story / joke about a day a few years back at Anglesey where although the fresh toast was appreciated for breakfast the power tripping out was not....

12. robbo

robbo Active Member

file:///Users/user/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library.photolibrary/Masters/2015/04/02/20150402-144116/VI000004.MP4

13. robbo

robbo Active Member

Was up there yesterday with FE, great day great track, altho stay off the newly painted kerbs, had a big moment !
    I tried to upload a video in my last post to get ya taste buds going but my lil dinosaur brain failed ! if anyone is that bored they fancy a watch you will have to explain 'like you would talk to a retard' how to upload video's.

14. sinewave

sinewave God Like

U can't upload Vids directly, you need to waz em to Youtube or equiv first then post the link

15. robbo

robbo Active Member

I am trying, you tube bout 15 mins downloaded 3%, seems a lot of hassle to watch a ginger snail doing novices !

16. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Get yourself a Vimeo account mate. So much better and they don't butcher the quality of your video

17. Alblade

Alblade God Like

I know I may get slatted for writting this, but if you can edit it down to sub 5 mins of the best bits more folk will watch it,15 mins un-edited is a tough watch
    Also get Vimeo, well worth it, you can then see how many watch, from where in the world and when etc.

18. robbo

robbo Active Member

well you tube 8% after 20 odd mins, vimeo just started !

19. robbo

robbo Active Member

Sorry gents, you tube 22% vimeo 12% WTF !

20. Julian

Julian Active Member

My bike won't be ready for Thursday :( i'll be up there on Wednesday doing a Ron Haslam course and I was going to be camping in Donnington Park Farmhouse, I might still camp and watch the mighty fridge go round on Thursday, whats the score on selling/swapping days with people, I'd be quite happy to let someone have Thursday if they could buy me a day at a later date, is this allowed ? and how do you go about it ?

Apparently its going to be very busy with 125's and minitwins on Thursday as there's a race meet at the weekend.