Donnington..........Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Repsol Rob, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Anyone booked this one....? yes weathers a bit iffy but just fancy doing donny..? only novice group places left with No limits ?

2. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

I am going to leave it until June or July to pop my track day cherry.
    Hopefully better chance of decent weather.

3. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

A few mates of mine will be there and I will hopefully make it, unfortunately not on my blade though ( not that brave yet! Looking for a cheap track bike!!). Apparently No Limits have introduced a few new rules for the novice people, no tyre warmers, novice riders all in the same paddock ( no fun if you're there with a gang of mates) and a full de-brief after each session. Seems like there is 'Limits' after all!!!

4. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

did a ron hasbeen race school yonks ago. was pissing down all day and most the circuit had about an inch of standing water. bloody windy too, it was howling up from craners / old hairpin and exiting coppice it was taking the front away. we was on road going battleaxes and getting knee down everywhere. sooooo much grip on a track, even cold and wet.

5. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335175616.631062.jpg

Well I'm itching to ride her for the first time, would have preferred the inters but I ll take a gamble......so i ve booked it !

• Like Like x 2
  6. BLAGGERS

gis a go mister...

looks awesome. bet i can guess who won't be sleeping much tonight! lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

That's stunning Rob! If I do make it, I will keep a look out for you and say hi.

8. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Ok pal and as im on my own (billy no mates) tomorrow look forward to it.......

9. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Please "God" dont let it rain till about half four around Castle Donnington tomorrow !!!! lol

10. scooby

scooby Elite Member

that looks very very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

well thats a 1st,i think your the only person in the world that thinks donny has loads of grip in the wet.

12. BLAGGERS

I'm only comparing it with roads. Especially these pot hole riddled lumps of shite they laughingly call roads, AND have the nerve to charge us for knackering our vehicles on them.

13. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

"Rain Rain stay away go and f..k up someone elses Track Day"...............!

14. damodici

damodici Active Member

Just come home from a FE track day at Donington today, was a little wet first thing but it soon dried out and I had a great few laps :)

First time I've used anything like the sportsmarts on a Trackday but they held up surprisingly well, dropped the pressures down to 28f 27r cold and gave them a mullering ;)

Let go twice on me but maybe I was asking too much, I also think my suspension is set too soft so I'm having Pidcocks reset it all back to factory while they service it this week and I'll go from there (haven't touched it since I bought it 2nd hand)

Great day though, I'm sure you'll have a good one tomorrow lads. If you need anything give me a shout, I'm at work but don't live far away

Stay safe :)

15. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

Hi Rob, I will be there tomorrow, just had the confirmation call off one of my mates. He's picking me up at 4.45am ( in case of traffic) WTF.......... Bless him though he's real giddy, think he'll be sleeping in his van tonight stroking his bike!! I'll say my prayers tonight for good weather, catch you tomorrow :)

16. BLAGGERS

Have a good one guys. Hope the wet stuff stays the fook away for ya.

17. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Ok mate will look forward to it.......will you be wearing your Fireman Sam outfit......??

18. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

Never leave the house without it!! You will be more than welcome in the paddock with my mates, if you don't mind the odd weirdo!! Top bunch of guys ( don't tell them I said that tho!!!)

19. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

What group they in.....? i could only get in the novices but im not bothered with such a long track shouldbe plenty of space.........and whats your real everyday name....Im Rob ! lol

20. Fireman

Fireman Active Member

The majority are in inters, although should probably be in the fast group!! I think there are a couple in the fast group, but I'm only sure about 4 of them. My mate who's picking me up in the morning is in inters, this is his 4th trackday.....he's definitely got the bug and goes pretty well for a BIG fella!!

Lee.