Donny - August 15th

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Coda, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Coda

Coda Active Member

Looking forward to this, but being August it's either gonna be baking hot, or pissing it down :D

2. Edy

Edy New Member

Fingers crossed it’s dry and warm. I am doing June 30th at Donnington. It’s a noisy day so I don’t have to swap my exhaust. Can’t wait. Last time I went was May 11th I think and it absolutely pissed it down until about mid afternoon. Only had 2 dry sessions but had a great day regardless. Have a great day. Fingers crossed for the sun to shine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coda

Coda Active Member

I was at Donny in April, and it was gorgeous! Not too hot, and dry as a bone. Couldn't ask for more. April, who'da thunk it? Climate Change FTW.

4. Edy

Edy New Member

Went to Donny yesterday and the weather gods were kind, until the ride home. It absolutely poured down. I got 7 sessions in. I am going to invest in some training next time. I think I need it to progress.
    I was next door, to the Appleyard Macadam team. Harry Truelove was there, amongst others, testing. What an awesome rider he is. Blindingly fast everywhere. I will be supporting the team, as a fan, when they race at the Worlds at Donny this month. Can’t wait for that one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Coda

Coda Active Member

So we gotta cancel. Brother's Superduke crapped its gearbox and he's gonna be without a bike now until next year. Thanks KTM. :mad:
    He's looking to see if he can buy a track bike cheap over the weekend, but we've already written MSV and they're going to offer our places to people on the waitlist

6. bladey

bladey Senior Member

How many miles had that done then? was it something inherent or a total mystery.

7. Coda

Coda Active Member

Not sure of total miles, but he had it brand new some time in '21. Diagnosis will be during the week after next.

8. bladey

bladey Senior Member

so presume some dealer is on for the costs, not the sort of thing to expect in that period of time. Thought KTM were better than that.

9. Coda

Coda Active Member

So did I. My local KTM dealer is a stones throw from my house and the couple times I've ventured inside I found them unprofessional and mostly useless, so it's put me off owning a KTM. It's a shame, because a good local dealership is worth its weight in gold...
    My brother has to deal with a different KTM dealer, and he says they are ok. So fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1