Driver down!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Muffking, Jul 22, 2019.

1. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

You might want to get some advice from Spygoat with him being across there in the land of the free as they seem to be the experts for the courts and compensation claims? It just needs a good legal brain and there could be a bonus new bikes worth of a payout just waiting for you. think of the negative publicity they could get and to an international company like BMW...its a drop in the ocean

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I'm really not gonna go down that route. They've been very good about the whole thing. They sorted a loan car even before they knew the cause of the problem and have now agreed a direct replacement to the equivalent value. I really can't complain about how they've handled it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Glad they seem to have looked after you.

Just a shame they made you have another beemer ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Not to begin with they didn't. They gave me this. I honestly don't know how I managed :p
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

He did a proper job with that one. At least BMW had something left to examine on mine :eek:

The latest is that they want to deliver my replacement by the end of this month, but I'm away on the 3 dates that they've given me. I'm not sure what the rush to deliver before month end is, but they'll have to deliver over the weekend if they're to catch me in.

7. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Probably want to get it to you before it spontaneously combusts :D:D - sorry couldn’t resist

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Nah he'll be fine, this one is a saloon and not a hot hatch o_O

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Classic. I can't believe nobody has thought of that already :D

TBH I'm thinking the dealer is pants. Aside from their now apparent urgency, he hasn't called back when he said, he hasn't come back to me with a quote for GAP and nor has he chased up on the MOT advisories that I pointed out from a DVLA search I did (MOT advisory for front tyres, rear brake pads and cracked windscreen on a £16k car!) The only thing that appears to matter is that he can count the sale towards his September turnover...

10. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Perhaps I'm being pessimistic but the urgency is so he can get clear of you as once you accept it there's no going back and reaming him for anything else; which for me reading between the lines is what he is expecting you to do the longer you think about it?? I've read a few posts from the guy T.C on here and he seems to be well clued up on the law. Perhaps he may offer you some advice on what actual rights and entitlements you have?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I think I get what you're saying, but the only 2 things I asked for were for the advisories to be sorted and the car to be delivered. I said that I didn't feel it necessary to view the car with it being a warranted BMW main dealer car and didn't fancy a 300 mile round trip to kick tyres, so I thought it would be a hassle free sale for him. He was happy with that, but still tried selling addons, which I showed interest in, but he has since not bothered following them up.
    I'm more than happy to buy GAP elsewhere and move on. Just seemed during the last conversation that me working away on the days that he wants to deliver the car kiboshed his plans to get it in before month end.

Either way I've given him my available dates, so I'll just have to hope that they can deliver when I'm around so I know all is good on delivery.

12. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Best of luck then mate, I hope it works out for you...at least they're not Landrover Dealers hahaha, &^%*£"$$!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hey don't knock Landrover o_O I got a new defender a few years back and they threw in for FREE Larry the dealerships Lamb after a bit of hard bargaining on my part :cool:
    :rolleyes::D

20180903_160020-1-1.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Muffking

Muffking God Like

We're all square now. new car arrived on Saturday, so I took it for a spin.............. To the Trossachs and Loch Lomond on a 3 day jaunt in Scotland :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

Watchdog (BBC1 last Thursday) had a report on car manufacturing faults and the manufacturer and the DSA’s failure to act on potential car fires and other manufacturing defects. BMW car fires was included in the report.

• Useful Useful x 1