Ducati V2

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Stevie_d, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

2214EA57-E62D-4FAF-B3F8-3B7615880036.jpeg Seriously thinking of test riding one , may be an option at 15k with everything it’s got on it . Bit down on power at 155 horses . 104Nm torque . However don’t think 200 horses on the road is useable anyway . Looks the business with single side swing arm , qs & autoblipper . Traction control , riding modes , launch control , wheelie control . Brembo fronts , abs
    What’s people’s thoughts ? Anyone got one , been on one , or know anyone who has one ?

stevie

#1 Stevie_d, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

I talked a mate of mine into buying one last week he is very pleased with it but was coming from the super sport to a super bike ...I think a lot of bike for the money ....I wouldn't swap my sp for one however if I had a older blade or indeed any older superbike I would have it on the list...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

What did he have to say about it ? Pleased with the power and the ride etc ?

stevie

4. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Hi he absolutely loves it plenty of go.....great sound and of course looks great....as you say 150 odd bhp how much do you need....he was thinking v4s but 10k difference is a lot.....so he's seeing how he gets on with this then maybe that next

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

They get good reviews, I think 44teeth did a review and they are pretty honest in my opinion... if you don't want the ballistic missile that is the V4 then the V2 is a good alternative, plus it's a Twin so a proper Duc.. :) - Having said that 15K is in 1299s territory so you could get big HP and some nice shiny ohlins and Akra action if desired?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

I’m thinking 15k would only be me a 3 yr old 1299 , and no warranty . Don’t think I’d have owt Italian without a warranty lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Started a thread on this earlier in the year, was seriously considering chopping in my SP at the time. Went and sat on one and booked a test ride but never took it in the end.

I decided at the time I would hang on the the SP see how I felt about the v2 in 18 months. I'd probably get a used one with low miles and exhaust already fitted. You'd definitely want an Akra on it but to do it from new yourself you're looking at £1800:eek:

Stunning bike though and it'll be one of these or an R1.;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

I’m lead to believe you can now get an akro thrown in with a brand new one now , however I don’t know where they get their prices for an end can . Imagine you could just buy one from performance parts limited ?
    Although it would be great to have a ballistic missile . It would just be for bragging rights . A v2 would be quick enough for most and useable on the road . Unless u were called Marq . I’m gunna try one out before long and my mate wants to test ride the street fighter , and a v4s

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Let's us know how you both get on.....no cans being thrown in yet dealer I know have done 8 so far so no need to may come later in year....

• Like Like x 2
  10. bradt

bradt Elite Member

I wonder what the delivery time for the V2 will be, has the Ducati factory been closed like most of Italy due to Covid ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

good point I think plenty availiable in uk dealers however parts may take a while

• Agree Agree x 1