eBay Scam?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nigelrb, Aug 2, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

2. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

yeah mate, there always the same, come across a few when buying my van,

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

But the sellers got about 30 bikes and cars! I've enquired about an RVF, but I remember seeing it about 3 months ago for 6 grand; now it's 2,500 on a 'Buy it Now' price. Of course I'm not that stupid - anymore:D!

4. Naz

Naz Active Member

£3900 for the R1, if only it was true. A friend of a friend was stupid enough to fall for a add like this for a car and he was directed to a car park, a couple of guys turned up tried to car jack him and they must of thought they would get his any money he might be carrying, but didn’t work out to well for them as he had also brought his friends. Got a bit messy and the old bill turned up and nicked them all.

people who don’t have much money are usually pulled into these scams as it must feel like a once in a lifetime chance to get something on the cheap

I’m sure there are some genuine dirt cheap bargains now and then, but the adds in question are blatantly scammers. Just wondering how do they get a account with so many positive feedback scores. Do they hack an account and use it?

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. No reply yet to my enquiry to view the RVF. Quite good in a way because I've got no room left.:(

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Listing's been removed. Well, that put a bit of a dent in my 'eBay user experience'!:rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Dartmoor Dave

Dartmoor Dave Active Member

Jeez Nige, with that lot in the garage you must be very well paid or single.
    I thought I was greedy with my 2010 Blade 2 x VTR SP2's and a VFR.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Naz

Naz Active Member

Lol Greedy, you reminded me of good old Mr Greedy. Could that be @nigelrb? One bike is just not enough!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, have done alright in the employment stakes. The funds took a massive hit after divorce, but clawed my way back through singledom. :).

Congrats on the 2 X SP2s. A VERY worthy bike to hold on to.

Hey!! Would you call a stamp collector 'greedy'?

The only difference between myself and a philatelist (look it up @PauloHRC :D) is that I don't need an album and I don't get gum on my tongue!!;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Just out of interest Nigel, why haven’t you gone for the big collector bikes like the rc30 or 45 the 92 blade or urban tiger, original sp-1 or the Mv 312? Any of he above will make money a lot sooner

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi Raph, and fair enough question.

Even this morning I was looking at early Blades - including the Tiger. I'd add to your list the Evo Blade TT100!;)

Anyone would jump at an RC30 or 45, but the prices now are nearly prohibitive, yet I know they're still a great investment. My motive is more for bikes that I enjoy and know I can take out on the road as I please. It is a side-benefit that they'll hold value (except the 2011 because I do most of my miles on that). The bikes have really fallen in to my lap without me making a specific search. You have probably read of this in earlier posts:

I bought the MV after searching for a pic to put in a post when a member asked what to put in his 'man cave'. I found the bike on Auto Trader and thought 'this is alright'. Subsequently drove to Glasgow and bought it!

Basically the same thing with the RR4. Drove to Wales for that.

The VF1000R was offered on the MV forum - 1 owner, 20 years stored from deceased estate, 9,000 miler. Impulse again - I had to have it!

And the NS? Again, something a bit rare and different.

Only the NS is on SORN, but I take it off on 1 September to give it a run for a while.

The MV 1078/312 is also a classic bike. At the moment both the F4 750s and 1000s are holding their own price wise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Belongs to a friend of mine, full restoration to, my other friend built every one of them

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Yep, that's what 'm talkin' about!!

Mick G. or Russell S? If so, you're in good company!!

14. raphael

raphael Elite Member

They owned the company,the bloke that actually put them all together is the same person who I mentioned works for Honda Racing now in bsb. Russell is as genuine as they come and considering what they were building never questioned why I was in the workshop visiting my friend

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. raphael

raphael Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Of course it's not. Look at the feedback of 82,000-plus. However, the site is affiliated with russian brides dot com for greater exposure. Webmasters know that a bit of Russian flesh for £69.33 is a great deal and will capture the market. The fuel pump will become a complimentary gift after selecting one of the profile packs (marked as carburettor parts) on the shelves.

You gotta get out of Portugal Mr @F1CT1C10U5 - they just don't keep up with the trends over there!:D:D;)

• Funny Funny x 1