Ebay selling

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tuktuk, Apr 8, 2018.

1. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Hey guys,

Listed the mx bike at the weekend. A user out of the blue clicked buy it now, bit strange I thought as I had my number listed on the advert, no prior questions or contact. Anyways buyer tried to arrange collection and I asked for his number. He called and seemed genuine but was unsure after finding out the bike is on a Q plate. Told him fair do's, I know nothing about it other than I have a V5 with a Q reg on it but he can go away and look into it and let me know what the score is.

He phoned this morning to say hes no longer interested as he cant use the bike on the road, something to do with not being able to tax it.

Now im not fussed on missing out on the sale, bit pissed he didnt call first but not to worry. What I am concerned with is im being charged a final value fee, plus my listing is not longer active after only 24hrs or something.

Ive canceled the sale on ebay with the reason 'buyer asked to cancel' or words to that effect.

Whats likely to happen here? Anyone had anything similar?

Getting really tired of ebay! Nothings ever simple and if its not users trying to shaft you its ebay themselfs.

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Without the ebay slating I'll get straight to the point.
    After submitting a cancellation request the buyer receives an email asking if they also agree to cancel the transaction. It's in your interest that they do this asap so you get your final value fees back. If they don't do this then you report them as a non paying bidder and get your fees back that way. However in any case you don't get any listing fees back that you may have paid for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

This is a shame.

Many of us would have experienced an event similar to this and found the 'customer service' component of both eBay and Pay Pal needs some serious overhauling. As the consumer/lister of a product, WE must exert FAR too much effort to rectify a problem not conceived by ourselves. Terms and Conditions seem geared to favour some of these online 'retailers' because there seems to be an unwritten expectation that the consumer will get jack of complaining, and thereby allow these conglomerates to reap further profits from the unsuspecting and ill-equipped to fight to the death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Spoke to the 'buyer' lastnight and told him id cancelled the sale and asked him to do what needs doing his end. All sorted thankfully.

Still lose my listing but not to worry. Dont think il bother advertising it on ebay again, or if I do it will be a classified ad. Cant remember getting that option during this listing though, buy it now or auction from memory.