ECU flash on a 2009??

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Jamie_lee, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Jamie_lee

Jamie_lee Active Member

Morning all,

Has anybody done an ECU flash on a 2008-2011 cbr1000rr. I'm thinking of getting my blade on a dyno and hoped somebody could advise on what gain they achieved in terms of fuel, hp and performance.

Regards

Jay

2. RR7

RR7 New Member

Hi. My bikes are RR7s but likely to be similar outcomes from flashing. Rear wheel horsepower went from 148 to 151 and torque from 76 to 79. They have good tight engines and standard exhausts, including the exhaust valve but have had the cat bored out. PAIRS has to be disconnected for exhaust analysis but my bikes already were, and the inlet flapper too.
    Fuel economy fell by about 7% (I know because I keep all my fuel receipts) but bottom end and throttle response feels a lot nicer.
    The guy who did the work was adamant not to disconnect the exhaust valve as it will diminish the bottom end. I was most interested in that so the valve stayed. I've no idea if the valve is as influential on later bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Not a flash but new map on a PCV. I'm guessing the end result to be similar.

The HP increase will be absolute top end, but I dont generally venture there as being predominately a road rider.
    The main difference is a nice thick torque curve starting much earlier and going on forever.
    What you will notice is instant throttle response especially at partial throttle, less noticeable flat spots, smoother idling and cruising.

I also installed a wide band sensor which resulted in better fuel economy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jamie_lee

Jamie_lee Active Member

Thank you guys!

The blade has an Arrow gp2 slip on, h&m quick shifter lite and its recently had a full serivce. I'm searching for a PCV, just looking for the best prices fitted.

5. Slick

Slick Elite Member

If you don't go the flash route , as long as you are confident to lift as the tank fitting the PCV is pretty straight forward.
    The TPS sensor is a little fiddly though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1