Ecu flashing

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Sam Bird, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

Someone on the Facebook Fireblade owners club page has offered ecu flashing which enables launch control. Has anyone had this done?
    Will it mess with my Bazzaz? Ive got a custom map on my Bazzaz so don't want to spoil that.

Is the launch control worth getting? It seems like it could be fun :)

2. scooby

scooby Elite Member

you cant just flash an ECU to give LC,you need wheel speed sensors,gyro's,accelerometers etc,unless its based on the bazzaz style of TC,but as the blades have no electronics as such then cant see how it can be done purely by flashing thew ECU

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sam Bird

Sam Bird New Member

Cool. I'll give it a miss then as he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about lol

4. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Woolich racing have been developing a flash kit for the fireblade in partnership with honda racing Australia in an aus race championship.

It's due for release very soon, woolich racing already have a wide range of flash kits available for Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki's.

Not sure exactly what will all be changeable on the fireblade at first release but they will keep adding more options as time goes on, I know they have auto fuel tuning working.

I pinged ColinBR an update link lil while back and he has been in touch back and forth with rich who is UK distributer for the kits.

We originally delt with rich when we got the flash kit for now my Gsxr trackbike, very good and friendly to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  5. scooby

scooby Elite Member

on a blade,fueling is all it will do,it's all it can do.*just like having a HRC ECU so no need for a piggy back system,unless you start to add sensors.obviously in 20 yrs or so when honda start to add electronic gizmo's you will be able to do a lot more.

* unless they are going to go down the bazzaz route of TC which goes off RPM spikes/gear pos/speed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. scooby

scooby Elite Member

here you go...

OK so this is a quick update to let all you TDR guys know we are about to release the new range of Woolich Racing ECU kits for Honda.

We have the kits arriving in around a week and the models covered within the next few weeks will be:-

2010-14 CBR1000RR followed by 2007-14 CBR600RR and then 2006-09 CBR1000RR all within a week or two of each other.

You will be able to map Fuel on top and bottom injectors, ignition, STP's and various other features.
    (Full info available shortly).

There will also be the ability to read and reset fault codes.

Kits are available as standard flashing and as Log Boxes with Wideband and Autotune available also like our Suzuki & Kawasaki models have.

More info to follow very shortly.

If you are interested feel free to PM or ask here.

Cheers
    Rich

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Moon

Moon Active Member

2006-2009 cbr1000rr and 2010-2014 cbr1000rr ? Are the 08 and 09 different to the 10+?

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Thanks scoob.... But....

Will it give me shit load more power!!!!????

9. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Ordered mine today

PCV up for sale shortly ;)

10. scooby

scooby Elite Member

doubt it tbh.HRC ECU doesn't,in fact a lot of peeps piggy back the pcommander onto it,i suspect it will allow you raise the rev limit though,bit tlike the HRC.

this is all just assumption though...

11. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Yep

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I have the 'all singing all dancin' Woolich Pro Log Wide band Autotune with Launch control on the road ZX10.

ACE bit of kit imho and Rich is a top guy who knows his onions, took my bike down to his workshop to have mine fitted.

The launch control takes some courage to master as dumping the clutch on a litre bike from a standstill with 7.5K on the rev counter takes some trust in the system I can tell ya! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moon

Moon Active Member

can you elaborate a little on how they are different please? :) I though they had the same engines

14. Moon

Moon Active Member

how much are they costing Colin?

15. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I went for the kit with log box, so that I can Autotune the bike.

Wasn't much more than a PCV tbo and yet let's you tune all 8 injectors plus so much more.

Ping Rich a mail and get him to give you a price. I have his number if you need it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RB Engineering

RB Engineering New Member

Hi Guys, I am Rich that some of the guys from TDR know and supply, support and help develop these kits. I am not wanting to annoy anyone on the site as I have only just joined and as I am in business do not want to "advertise" against forum rules. I will though answer direct questions on the Honda stuff here because people are asking. In fact several existing members told me some of you may appreciate it and I should join.

Also if anyone can point me to and how to directly contact the moderators so I can perhaps sponsor/advertise on the site within the rules I would be grateful. I will not discuss prices etc in this thread until I can clear it with the moderators, get a trader page etc. Or if a moderator could pm me details of costs etc.

Just quickly though as it's been asked, you can do fuelling, ignition, injector balance maps & rev limiters, data logging of ecu channels, auto tune fuel maps, disable 02, ex valve, knock sensor, steering damper, view and clear fault codes.
    You can adjust idle rpm, fan temps & the intake flap opening RPM too.
    Also Strain gauge QS, pit limiter & launch control coming too.

Post questions here or PM me if you like?

Thanks Rich

• Like Like x 6
  17. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Welcome along Rich

Good to see you on here. I'm sure the guys will have a few questions for you in regards to the kit.

You can speak to the likes of @Remal or a few of the other mods on here to keep things sweet.

I'm sure you won't have any problems though, and I can fully reccommend yourself if they have any doubts.

I know a few others on here have used your kits on other bikes also @sinewave

• Like Like x 2
  18. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've pinged @martinowen a pm in regards to you speaking to a Mod Rich

• Like Like x 1
  19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Martin should be in contact with you soon Rich ;)

20. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

welcome along Rich.. we spoke recently about my ZX6 race bike :)

• Like Like x 1