End of season

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by raphael, Aug 2, 2020.

1. raphael

raphael Elite Member

With regard to buying selling bikes, when would you say is the end of the season so to speak, sept/October?

I’ve been looking at bikes the last month or so with the view to pricing for selling but due to the COVID situation it’s been all over the place.

any advice would be much appreciated

2. simon p

simon p New Member

I was looking to buy a bike, I brought my bike in the lockdown period because the bloke I brought it off was furloughed and desperate for cash. So one mans loss in another mans gain in my situation

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sp0oner

Sp0oner Active Member

I'd avoid ebay for selling at the moment i've seen some ridiculously low prices on bidding being the final bid - facebook groups get much better prices.

I saw a mint rr7 in HRC colours with 9.5k miles (it looked like a new bike) and it went for £4500 on ebay. I then saw an identical one with 20k miles go for £3750. That is bottom money for both those bikes and was in the last 2 weeks. I sold my rr5 repsol with 10k miles for £4300 on facebook groups and had a queue of buyers lined up for it with the first one to see it taking it there and then. I've just picked up an rr4 with 15k miles and after market fairings for £3k again not advertised in the right places so forced the price down and got it for what I wanted.. I would say end of season is already here going on prices i've seen bikes sell for unless it is something really sought after plus there seems to be a lot for sale at the moment again forcing prices downwards.

Oh and I completely ignore autotrader prices as they are so over priced it's a joke, mainly from clueless/dreaming dealers. I just watch ebay and facebook as that gives realistic pricing when you see stuff sell.

#3 Sp0oner, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1