Energica EGO

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Andy, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy Active Member

The world’s first all-electric superbike bred from the heartland of Italian racing legend. The Energica EGO.
    Designed and built by the same people who have designed and engineered racing performance from Formula One Racing to Le Mans 24h for over 40 years.

Massive Performance, no emissions.

At the heart of this thoroughbred is an electric motor which produces an astounding 195 Nm torque from 0 RPM to redline, an electronically limited 150 Mph (240 km/h) and a 0 – 100 time of under 3 seconds. All on just pennies’ worth of energy.

Top of the line racing components, onboard chargers, and a range of approximately 120 miles of real world riding, with a phase 4 DC charge to 85% in just 30 minutes.

Energica EGO.jpg

photo (1).JPG

2. abv

abv Active Member

I like it and ulitmately electric power is the future.

But with a projected price around £30K I'll leave it for now.

3. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Looks nice, very impressive figures. It seems it is the future of biking, thankfully being already ancient I will still be able to ride a petrol bike until my riding days are over.

I wonder if you will be able to get a petrol engine soundtrack played into your helmet to make it sound like a 1000 cc bike does.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy

Andy Active Member

Indeed very expensive looks like they are basing it on £100 per kg, since it weighs in @ a heavy 258 kg :(

5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

It looks good, I did some testing of electric bikes a couple of years back in Farnborough after being asked by a researcher outside the local bike shop, it turned out the bikes we tested were the zero brand of electric bikes.

My only reservation is the lack of noise if you were filtering or riding in a town center with people crossing roads and not hearing you coming and just stepping out