Engine management light

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Mark emery, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Mark emery

Mark emery New Member

so after checking the valve clearances then fitting an after market exhaust and fitting a o2 eliminator and servo eliminator the engine management light is coming on and staying on any suggestions? It’s a 2010 blade.
    And I’ve done the disconnect battery for ten mins run engine till fans kick in kill it.
    Help me before I smash the thing:mad:

2. Black & White

Black & White Well-Known Member

@Mark emery. Morning mate. Have you sussed it yet, or kicked it off its stand?!
    Did the O2 eliminator come with a resistor to bridge the wires for the sensor? This fools the ECU into thinking the sensor is still there & functioning. Be careful with that. Two of the wires are signal wires & the other two are heater connectors that warm the sensor up.
    I'd put it back to standard (or just revert one of them - but you know that sod's law says it will be the other!) & make sure the light goes out, then fit just one & recheck. I know it's a chore, but one of the kits could be faulty so you need to establish which one causes the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Black & White

I assume you've double checked everything removed for valve clearances? Cam sensor etc.

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Are you getting an error code? Can you short the diag socket to get the error code?

Is that still valid on newish blades?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Black & White

Good call @Barstewardsquad. I forgot they've got flash codes! @Mark emery. Have you got the workshop manual? It'll take you through the process of extracting codes in the troubleshooting section.

6. Mark emery

Mark emery New Member

Morning and thanks for your response I took it back to bits I was getting a fault code which I only just found out that the bike dome this on the side stand so anyway started stripping the bike back down and noticed a vacuum hose I forgot to connect to the bottom of the sensor on the air box I was so annoyed with myself that I missed it and it was something so simple but also pleased it wasn’t anything major

• Like Like x 4
  7. Black & White

@Mark emery. That's the manifold pressure sensor mate. Phew! Nice simple fix then.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark emery

Mark emery New Member

Yeah happy days mate and thanks again for your response

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1