Engine management light

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by phil, Aug 18, 2019.

1. phil

phil Active Member

Hi I've noticed my engine management light flashes when I put my side stand down after riding but engine is running it fine when I put stand up. Looks like 5 long 1 quick.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi. Side stand should not have anything to do with Engine Management. The PGM-FI system will only throw up codes relates to engine/electronic functions. The side stand switch is not within its circuitry.

What year bike is it? No DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) in the current bikes relate to a 5 long 1 short flash.

3. phil

phil Active Member

Hi it's a 2010. It's not doing it now not done it once all day or an other ride only does it when I pull up at home and put side stand before I come to a compete stop done it 3 or 4 times. I have removed the steer damper and fitted an eliminator and manual steer damper.

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

The side stand can be used to display error codes, can't remember the process however. The error code you are gettjng is 51, hopefully someone has a list of what all the codes mean.

5. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

51 is a linear solenoid malfunction code. Your eliminator has failed.

6. phil

phil Active Member

Iam thinking I should clear the error log first as this could be a fault I caused when fitting. How do I check the error log and then clear it?