Engine Project

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Chris620, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Chris620

Chris620 Active Member

Iv recently purchased a second engine for my 08 blade.

The plan is to slow time strip and rebuild it with upgraded parts to so what I can get out of one of these.

I know it would be easier to give it to a tuner and pay a fortune but I will get enjoyment out of doing it myself. I'm not a complete novice as I'm an engineer by trade.

I'm after advice on what parts people recommend as well as companies that offer the services I won't be able to do myself.

Cheers for the help

2. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

take it apart, blue print it, get it flowed and ported, stick some HRC bits in there, bobs your uncle!!!
    don't know any companies to help as the ones I know and use are on this side of the pond, but I know there are a few around, more than we have, that have a very good rep have search around, I'm sure there are a few that can recommend someone....
    I wouldn't really do anything myself, I would just bring the engine to a decent tuner, and lay some coin on the countertop and tell him to work his magic...; at least that way you know your getting to quality stuff and that the engine will run

#2 Skippy79, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013