Evening All - New Bike Time

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by dainesefreak, May 25, 2019.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

It's been a while and life's been busy, honestly don't know where the last 8 months or so have gone.

Anyway I've had the latest blade (no. 8) for around 16 months and I've decided it's going. So I've been on a couple of test rides, first one was the CB1000R and the second one was the Triumph Street Triple RS.

Took this out last Saturday and did about 30 miles of mixed riding.

[​IMG]

Then I got my arm twisted to take out the Triumph.

[​IMG]

In a couple of weeks I'll be Bladeless for the first time in 15 years or so and I have to say, I'm looking forward to it.

So what won, where am I going?

Second test ride today and a decent thrash round a loop I've ridden for years. I'm probably as surprised as anyone. ;)

[​IMG]

Triumph just have to get their arses into gear and build me one.

• Like Like x 4
  2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Nice.

I really like the new CB1000R....and will probably get one in Sept/Oct/Nov, when the dealers may offer good price/discount

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hiya DF. Great to hear from you!! Was wondering if the stealth black had been anywhere other than that massive basement :).

I have an interest in Triumph also but will wait for more news about the 765 Daytona moto 2 replica.

I hope you make the right buying choice. ;)

4. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Hi Nigel, apologies just read your Mille message but it looks like I'm too late! I just found that Google has been throwing my forum emails into spam.

I should probably have been a bit more clear, I've ordered the Triumph and I'm really looking forward to it. Not only will it not be a Blade, it'll be the first non sports bike in 20 odd years. Took me a good few miles to get used to it and it made me feel like a kid again. Like a two stroke with a mid-range. The only thing missing was the smell of Castrol!

Horses for courses but I found the CB1000R was disappointing and I was all but ready to order the + version pre test ride.

The Blade's got around 2200 miles on it now, 2000 of those last summer.