Exciting week already and its barely Monday lunch time!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lambchops, Feb 9, 2015.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well first off, my son is 16 has a great apprenticeship at a local IT company, job at the end, MS apprenticeship goes off to Reading MS HQ every now and then. Earns £700 a month and after 12 month when apprenticeship is done gets a full time job on silly money!!

He dropped out of A levels 4 months ago as couldnt hack it and managed to bag this apprenticeship right away so didnt do any shit jobs in between so knows no different.

Well anyway he's late getting up this morning, so I go and hurry him along and he tells me he's not going in, he's giving it up as its all to much.. He wants to go back to college and takes things easy. I went mad, told him he's a fool for giving up what is possibly the best opportunity of his life and going back to education so he can get a job which he's already got?? Tells me he wants to do something more creative!!

Anyway told me he's really depressed etc etc.. Anyway he's had the day off to "think" about what he wants but what can you do.. Cant force him and hes very young just feel he could be throwing something away and regret it later on. But teenagers you can tell them nothing!

Second lot of news, fast bikes contacted me, they want to do one of their photoshoots on the bike. The one with the girls draped all over it. So now have to thrown the bike back together for this, told them it wont be road worthy but just looking together.. They will collect and drop it back to me later in the week. I wont give them the wireless key fob so wont be able to start it hehe

Third bit of news!! Yes theres more!

I am booked for three hours with the new S1000RR on Wedndesday for a review for the channel, 9 - 12 Wednesday so looking forward to that!! Anything you guys want me to do with it? MD of Barnstomer contacted me and its all setup :)

Phew what a week already!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear about your lad! Hopefully he'll realise he's onto a good thing with Ms

Great news about the bike! Do you get to choose the model?

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

It will be the red / white one The Baron and Fagan used in their test. Hope its run in now mind :)

or do you mean the totty? :)

4. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

2 out of 3 isn't bad mate.

Start to your week........

1. I have two boys 22 and 19 so know exactly where you are coming from.
    2. Nice one
    3. Leave it somewhere secluded with the keys in, on the phone to a unmarked van hire company as we speak.

The start of my week.....
    1. A colleague and close friend called in to say his father died suddenly last night so wont be in for a few days.
    2. Another colleague called in to say his wifey had a bad car accident yesterday so wont be in for a few days, luckily only one arm is in a sling so she can still do the ironing.
    3. We had a delivery of new vehicles delivered from Germany this morning, of the 3 new vehicles 2 are smashed to bits, one at the front and one at the rear !

....and I will raise you one:

4. A joint supply tender being run between ourselves and our Spanish sister company is rapidly turning into a nightmare on their side meaning my assistant is currently looking at flights for me go to Madrid asap and get it back on track..... Deadline for submission is Friday 08:00 CET...... meanwhile all my other work backs up !!

And your right LC its not even lunch time yet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. gray

gray Active Member

Make sure the seat ISN'T washed before they return it ! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha thanks Freedom you've made me feel better already :)

And Friday the 13th isnt until the end of the week!! What that's going to have in store.. Hopefully good things as will be at the Excel bike show.... I hope..

7. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Bloody hell I had forgotten its Friday 13th..... lets hope Iberia pilots are very superstitious people.......if I cant get back Friday due to some unfortunate aircrew strike.....there might not be any seat availability on Saturday, meaning I would have absolutely no alternative but to come home on Sunday. That would be such a shame as I would miss Valentines day completely. Every cloud fellas every cloud.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You're lucky. I've not had my lunch yet...

• Like Like x 1
  9. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not worried what beemer you choose lol ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear such bad news LC, but on a positive note it's only 3 hours on the awful German thing, try not to look it in the eyes!

• Like Like x 1
  11. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

LOL nice reply Martin made me chuckle :)

12. gray

gray Active Member

Good job the blades always behind then lol :D ...I'll get my coat on the way out

• Like Like x 1
  13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your lad LC - My eldest son is 18 and is stressed by the impending A-levels and his driving test (which he's failed twice so far). So I know how over-dramatic teens can be some times!

Good news about the FB shoot! - If you can get any phone numbers of the tank totty, let me know ;)

And you just GOTTA do a "Hey yooouu guuuuyys!" Goonies link when reviewing the beemer!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scott

Scott Active Member

Kick the kids arse !

And elbow down on the bm plz

• Like Like x 1
  16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Hehe thanks guys, good call on the goonies Mac lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Ha! Well done LC for the photo shoot.. I've put forward my old girl as well but they won't features "anothe blade" after your masterpiece is shown in all its glory! I've the drama queen 19 year old son so can relate perfectly..